Removing unwanted objects in photos

psreilly

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My studio unfortunately has this god awful outlet in the bottom third of the white wall I have. I generally use a sheet or a backdrop in front of it, but I plan on just using the wall itself soon. I'm a capture one guy for the most part and as far as I know it doesn't have anything that can remove objects in photos. I do have Lightroom, but it's like a foreign language to me.. Help please?

the spot removal brush tool in LR can remove simple things with ease.

Do you use any other software to post process?
Lightroom has the ability, I'm curious of what software you currently use that may have that capability too.

My studio unfortunately has this god awful outlet in the bottom third of the white wall I have. I generally use a sheet or a backdrop in front of it, but I plan on just using the wall itself soon. I'm a capture one guy for the most part and as far as I know it doesn't have anything that can remove objects in photos. I do have Lightroom, but it's like a foreign language to me.. Help please?
A ) 4x5 white card. With twin stick tape.
B) a small brush and some white paint.

There's a healing brush in Photoshop Elements as well. Removing an outlet is incredibly easy in these software packages.

It's only my opinion but I would put learn editing software much earlier in my photography career workflow then get a studio.

Without understanding editing, you are sacrificing final quality.

Haha I can edit just fine. It's the software I use that is the problem. I only use Capture One editing software from Phase One.. I shoot with a Phase One digital back. The software doesn't have anything that can remove objects. And lightroom is absolutely horrible so I never gave it time to learn. Capture does everything I need it to do. Only thing it doesn't do is remove objects

Do you use any other software to post process?
Lightroom has the ability, I'm curious of what software you currently use that may have that capability too.

No i'm a Capture One guy til the death. However given the fact it doesn't have a tool that can remove unwanted objects i'll have to at least learn a little of some other software

It's only my opinion but I would put learn editing software much earlier in my photography career workflow then get a studio.

Haha I can edit just fine.
Then what's the problem?
It's the software I use that is the problem.
Then use a software that's not a problem.
I only use Capture One editing software from Phase One..
Okay.
I shoot with a Phase One digital back.
Thanks for the update. What's that got to do with your problem?
The software doesn't have anything that can remove objects.
Then use a software that can remove objects.
And lightroom is absolutely horrible so I never gave it time to learn.
Millions of LR users disagree. Oh, and by the way, it can be used to solve your problem, if you're interested.
Capture does everything I need it to do.
Then what's the problem?
Only thing it doesn't do is remove objects
Then use some other program that will remove objects.

Well. Seems to me the painfully easy way to deal with the problem is................

Now, don't cry when I say this.......................

but........................

How about *gasp* putting the subject in front of the receptacle so they cover it up?

I know. You're welcome. You can pay me later.

Or blow it out with direct lights.

using tapatalk.

Haha I can edit just fine.
Then what's the problem?
It's the software I use that is the problem.
Then use a software that's not a problem.
I only use Capture One editing software from Phase One..
Okay.
I shoot with a Phase One digital back.
Thanks for the update. What's that got to do with your problem?
The software doesn't have anything that can remove objects.
Then use a software that can remove objects.
And lightroom is absolutely horrible so I never gave it time to learn.
Millions of LR users disagree. Oh, and by the way, it can be used to solve your problem, if you're interested.
Capture does everything I need it to do.
Then what's the problem?
Only thing it doesn't do is remove objects
Then use some other program that will remove objects.

Everything okay at home buddy? Loosen up. I said C1 gets the job done for the most part. Most of my photos are all pre-photo, I don't use photoshop to touch up a lot besides exposure contrast maybe a little airbrush if needed. You sound like the type of guy who lives in Lightroom

Well. Seems to me the painfully easy way to deal with the problem is................

Now, don't cry when I say this.......................

but........................

How about *gasp* putting the subject in front of the receptacle so they cover it up?

I know. You're welcome. You can pay me later.

So ill just tell my model to keep her leg in the same position the entire time.. Wow, what a versatile set of photos that'll be ..

Oh and how could I forget, thanks!

Body filler, sandpaper, paint; use spray-in bed liner if you want real rust prevention. Oh, wait, never mind . . . I thought this was the Jeep Forum.

Just take your time and keep practicing.

Most reactions

Back