Rich colors, for fall

hammy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to capture some nice, vivid shots of the fall trees and leaves. I am wondering how to get real rich looking colors from my shots, is there any tip on how to? For color i've only used consumer grade film, should I look into professional films from my local camera shot if I want to get rich looking colors? Thanks in advance.

The absolutely most important thing to do is shoot at sunrise or sunset. The light during these times is so warm and bold, there is really no other light even remotely close to how nice it will make your photos look.

Good point Jadin!

A polariser and an ND grad filter might help if there's issues with the brightness of the sky or sun's angle.

All of the above but please use good film. Use like a Kodak VS film or a good Fuji. Velvia might be too much saturation for you though? what format are you shooting?

Might want to consider also a warming filter.

Thanks everyone. 35mm.

I plan on using my 50mm 1.8 lens. I have a UV and polarizer.
I did not know of warming filters but I will look it up. Any other filter suggestions?
Should I be looking to use low speed film and a tripod for slow shutter speeds?

A tripod never hurts to get optimum sharpness. Low ISO film should be finer grained than high ISO and needs a longer exposure. Filters also cut down light, so that's another obvious reason to use a tripod.

Grad fiters can be useful as they can help even the lighting over a scene, thus making it easier to get a good exposure of sky and trees.

Rob

Thank you everyone...

I went down to the local camera shop and picked up some Kodak PortraVC film.

I'll use all the suggestions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back