Right Contrast

inneist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have difficulty in figuring out the right contrast in this photo. More or less? Or leave it as it is? Thanks in advance for your advice.

norr1.jpg

That's a tough one...dark statues in front of a white building and overcast skies. I think you picked a nice medium. There is still detail in the statues and the highlights are not blown out. Maybe one way or the other might give the image more interest or impact but that's up to you.

Why don't you do different levels of contrast in different areas of the photo? Like a little more on the roof, and little less on the left statue and a little more on the right statue.

It looks like the statue on the left is sucking that floating object out of the right hand statues brain!!
Nice shot.

The left-handed statue lacks details. I'm thinking, well, maybe a little far-fetchedly, that this by itself would stand out as a natural contrast with the right-handed one, which is more visible and looks more like a subject facing an unknown master.

Oh WOW! I just opened up your pic in Photoshop and it looks completely different! In PS it looks great and I wouldn't change a thing, but in Firefox it your left statue looks a little dark. Weird.

Poor me, I don't have Photoshop myself. Could you please post your PS version? Merci d'avance!

I have Photoshop CS. Lots of people are still running around with PS 7 though.

EDIT: hmm I think I may have misunderstood your question.

Could it have something to do with those colour profiles you can set in PS??
So maybe the profile is only being applied to things in PS. Or maybe the internet just sucks.

Must be that PS thing ey.

i opened this page in both firefox and iexplorer, the one in firefox is slightly darker.

dont know why.

maybe there is a way you can calibrate your browser slightly?

Most reactions

Back