Rough Start

Here's my thoughts. On the way the photo is now, it does seem too sterile, as others have said. Every death investigation I go on, where Paramedics were involved anyway, there always seems to be more evidence of the chaos created by the life saving measures. Whether it be open packaging thrown about, a ball of used gloves laying on the floor, spots of blood on the sheet, an empty IV bag hanging, stuff like that. The little details that represent the ultimately futile efforts. Usually if the decedent is this clean, they would be sitting in the back of the funeral home van, not the ambulance. I also would like to see this shot at night, with the e-lights shining in the background. So that's my C&C on the image as it stands; add paraphernalia of the life saving efforts and a little more ambiance.

Now, if I were going to re-shoot this, here's my idea of how it could be more compelling. I'd like to see it shot from the back of the ambulance, at night, with the e-lights going, back doors swung wide open, the decedents feet exposed from under the sheet, but the rest of him/her still covered up, though leave the exposed arm hanging. Then put a Paramedic in the jump seat behind the body, and have them either with a leaned back posture with hands in lap and eyes closed, or leaning forward with head in hands. I'm torn, too, on whether I would like to see it taken close to the feet, so they are larger in the frame and using good DOF control to throw the paramedic just enough out of focus, or if I would like to see it shot a little further back and put the focus on the paramedic. Probably the latter, since the paramedics emotions are what we're talking about.

Hope that's helpful.
Yea, i had considered putting some more work related "things" around the area.
Might have to try this one again.
I do have a shot from the back door, but I didn't like the angle as much. I'll post it when I get off shift tomorrow and you guys can see what you think.

Here's my thoughts. On the way the photo is now, it does seem too sterile, as others have said. Every death investigation I go on, where Paramedics were involved anyway, there always seems to be more evidence of the chaos created by the life saving measures. Whether it be open packaging thrown about, a ball of used gloves laying on the floor, spots of blood on the sheet, an empty IV bag hanging, stuff like that. The little details that represent the ultimately futile efforts. Usually if the decedent is this clean, they would be sitting in the back of the funeral home van, not the ambulance. I also would like to see this shot at night, with the e-lights shining in the background. So that's my C&C on the image as it stands; add paraphernalia of the life saving efforts and a little more ambiance.

Now, if I were going to re-shoot this, here's my idea of how it could be more compelling. I'd like to see it shot from the back of the ambulance, at night, with the e-lights going, back doors swung wide open, the decedents feet exposed from under the sheet, but the rest of him/her still covered up, though leave the exposed arm hanging. Then put a Paramedic in the jump seat behind the body, and have them either with a leaned back posture with hands in lap and eyes closed, or leaning forward with head in hands. I'm torn, too, on whether I would like to see it taken close to the feet, so they are larger in the frame and using good DOF control to throw the paramedic just enough out of focus, or if I would like to see it shot a little further back and put the focus on the paramedic. Probably the latter, since the paramedics emotions are what we're talking about.

Hope that's helpful.
Yea, i had considered putting some more work related "things" around the area.
Might have to try this one again.
I do have a shot from the back door, but I didn't like the angle as much. I'll post it when I get off shift tomorrow and you guys can see what you think.
well it was good enough to make me have doubts AND WONDER. "i hope you are joking". LMAO. I was probably influenced by knowing what you do for a living, the title, and your opening couple sentences though. On its own, it probably wouldn't work so well. Crimb fighter pretty much nailed it i think.

Hi guys. :)

Just stopping in for a quick hello since I'm wasting time rather than writing my book. :)

as shot from the back door. i don't really care as much for this angle, or at least, I don't think i got it quite right. Too low maybe?
anyway, this is my office.
DSC_3168.jpg

aaaaand....something a little more "candid"
IE: my partner attempting to be funny.
DSC_3171.jpg

how about a giant stuffed animal hooked up to the equipment. That could be funny.

You should just become the modern day WeeGee, being a paramedic you could be first on the scene every time :icon_thumright:

(Yes I did read the thread) : P

Nothing to see here folks move along! Belongs in a safety briefing! Nice shot. Kill shot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi guys. :)

Just stopping in for a quick hello since I'm wasting time rather than writing my book. :)
Your writing a book?
When did that happen?

Uh... YEAH. lol Where you been? This is actually my second book. It's done, but I need to go restructure parts of it. Taking a break while I sort out exactly what I need to do.

And no, neither of my books have been published. The first one was a train wreck... but hey... how many people do you know who can say they wrote two complete novels? :)

You're even with Harper Lee! One more and you're totally kicking the old lady's butt!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back