Rough Start

Hi guys. :)

Just stopping in for a quick hello since I'm wasting time rather than writing my book. :)
Your writing a book?
When did that happen?

Uh... YEAH. lol Where you been? This is actually my second book. It's done, but I need to go restructure parts of it. Taking a break while I sort out exactly what I need to do.

And no, neither of my books have been published. The first one was a train wreck... but hey... how many people do you know who can say they wrote two complete novels? :)
that is hard to get something published. My little past experience with that just was rewarded with being sent letters of decline and happy stuff like "Continue writing and please submit again!"

kinda like photography responses....Lot of encouragement, little results...:bouncingsmileys:

*sigh*
well, I was hoping to get a little more action on this post before setting the record straight..but oh well.

its not a dead body.
Its not a mannequin.
its my partner helping me with a staged shot.
I appreciate your concern.

im not walking any line, regardless of whether its real or not. Coming straight from the mouth of our multinational companies corporate attorney, (whose sole job is to deal with HIPAA violations) its not any sort of legal violation if there is no identifiable parts visible.
(face, unique tattoo, nameband, etc etc)
even if it were a real corpse, there would be no legal ramifications from this picture, since there is nothing identifiable showing.

and please...playing with my phone while im on work time? really? now your just reaching, and i am totally going to say your probably the pot calling the kettle black on that one. I mean damn...I didn't run my first call until 8 hours after i got to the station last shift...what do you think we are doing with our down time on a 24 hour shift when were not sleeping? or is me sleeping on the companies time going to get me fired as well? I could also mention that some of the pictures that have been taken by crew members on shift have actually been printed on canvas and are hanging on the walls of our main office.

ethically/morally speaking, I find trespassing just as morally wrong as this might be considered to be, but i don't see very many people speaking up on it on threads where people have clearly trespassed to shoot an abandoned building, so I really fail to find voiced concerns on this topic very compelling.

Now, its hard to say whether or not there would be some issues if this were not a staged shot with my partner.
I am fairly certain that my boss would probably not be terribly thrilled. However, there have been real patients photographed in the past, (well, parts anyway..and not by me) and the issue has gone to the corporate lawyer, and the response was what i mentioned above. no identifiable features=no problem. (well, from the companies legal standpoint anyway) The person that took the pictures were simply told to make sure they don't violate any HIPAA regulations, and that was the end of it.

Its a shot that I have been wanting to take for a while, but I keep forgetting to take the camera to work.
(didn't think my cell phone would cut it)

so...
now that the formalities are out of the way, any chance I can get some C&C on this shot? Anything I can do to improve the realism? maybe some more "work items" strewn around like some stuff had actually been done?

Keep doing what you do and save more lives! :) Cheers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back