Rougly 5 months since the D750 was released and still no lightroom compatability.

Netskimmer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone know of a good substitute until LR gets an update?

what do you mean? I updated my LR like 3 months ago the day I picked up my 750. Works fine

Mine says it's up to date but it doesn't recognize the D750 files.

If you have LR v4 then it won't be compatible. Adobe only writes new camera code for the newest version of LR.

So I need to start letting adobe extort $10.00/month from me in order to use it with my new camera. I guess my question still stands. Anyone know of a good substitute?

or buy Lightroom 5. Retails for about $150
instead of their $10 per month extortion

No you don't have to let them extort money from you. Freedom is wonderful.
I would think LR5 for $150 would be the best substitute. $12.50 a month for 1 year.

I hear Gimp is good especially for being free, but no idea what files it supports.

LR 5 came out in June 2013, about 20 months ago. If you started paying that 10/mo at that point. This $150 piece of software has already cost you about $200 and counting.

I upgraded from LR 4 to 5 and it was under $100. I think I had to do a search on the Adobe site as they were only directing me to the CC options. Often if the next version comes out within a short time of when you paid the upgrade is free, but with Adobe you never know.

Wait until March 9 and buy LR6
I'll be upgrading to LR v6 from v4. I didn't see the v5 enough to buy. But I also don't want to get too far out of date just in case they decide not to sell a boxed version any more.

Wait until March 9 and buy LR6
I was just looking at that. If I don't need to upgrade unless I get a new camera, then I should be able to use LR6 for a very long time. I'll just buy it for $150. I assumed that you could not simply purchase the software anymore because the option doesn't seem available on adobe's website, just annual payment plans.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back