SB600 Remote Sync to D200

smalls

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im wanting to use my flash off camera but im not sure what i need to make it work. could someone explain what i need? if i remember right i can do it with the SB600........

You would set your flash on remote mode and then go in to your camera settings and set your on camera flash from TTL mode to Commander mode. Then pop the pop up flash up and take a picture, the pop up should fire a little flash and trigger the Sb-600. I have no experience with the D200 but I'm assuming it works this way as my D90 does.

If not then you can get a set of Cactus Triggers, Cybersyncs, or pocket wizards. Each one will enable your camera to wirelessly fire flash.

TTL isn't a "mode". It's a metering system. And is still in effect when you switch the camera from "TTL" to Commander. It may as well be called "auto".

In any case, it is in your Bracketing/Flash menu on the D200.

The D200 has Nikon's CLS (Creative Lighting System) which uses a infrared signal to trigget an SB-600 off camera. As mentioned above you put the on camera flash in Commander mode. Infrared triggering requires line of sight.

Of course this is all covered in detail in your D200 camera manual and your SB-600 manual.

I would also recommend a book: The Nikon Creative Lighting System by Mike Hagen.

TTL isn't a "mode". It's a metering system. And is still in effect when you switch the camera from "TTL" to Commander. It may as well be called "auto".

In any case, it is in your Bracketing/Flash menu on the D200.

In my camera its called a mode and even in the instruction manual, but whatever. I'm simply saying to take it off TTL and switch to Commander. No need to get all technical about it.

Most reactions

Back