Scenic New Hampshire

P Bailey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
img009.jpg

img007.jpg

Smena 8M, Kodak Max 400 film, Handheld

I take exception to this photo. Being from NH, this does not represent our beautiful state. This is what happens when "visitors" come here. I'm not so sure that "visitors" left a tire behind, but that is a scene in EVERY state. One question P Bailey, did you make a difference in this world and pick up this trash and dispose of it or did you just simply take a picture and leave? Your picture should be titled "A$$holes"............

K8 said:
I take exception to this photo. Being from NH, this does not represent our beautiful state. This is what happens when "visitors" come here. I'm not so sure that "visitors" left a tire behind, but that is a scene in EVERY state. One question P Bailey, did you make a difference in this world and pick up this trash and dispose of it or did you just simply take a picture and leave? Your picture should be titled "A$$holes"............

Apparently, I live in the only area in NH that has a litter problem. I could not even begin to pick up the trash left beside the road near my dwelling. That would be a full time job and require a good size truck. The day after these photos were taken someone dumped a big yellow refridgerator and 2 tires next to the bud boxes. Down the road a short distance you can view a living room chair and sofa complete with television in the ditch. The seacoast area is not litter free !

K8 said:

whoa there tiger, settle down!! obviously you feel strongly about this, but lets all calm down and talk about like adults!! please?

md

K8 said:

I took the title of the post to be sarcastic, and the point of the photos not a judgement of the state of New Hampshire, but commentary on the litterbugs. Don't yell at P. Bailey, because someone littered in your backyard. It's typical of inconsiderate, lazy Americans in every state from "sea to shining sea". Hopefully photos like this will make veiwers think twice about tossing their crap out the window.

Personally I do try and make a difference by hauling some trash out of the woods, but I'd need a whole garbage truck to go along with me on every photo excursion to even start to make a dent in the problem.

P Bailey said:
Apparently, I live in the only area in NH that has a litter problem. I could not even begin to pick up the trash left beside the road near my dwelling. That would be a full time job and require a good size truck. The day after these photos were taken someone dumped a big yellow refridgerator and 2 tires next to the bud boxes. Down the road a short distance you can view a living room chair and sofa complete with television in the ditch. The seacoast area is not litter free !

Yeah, I could see that being more of a problem at the seacoast. With only 13 miles of shoreline there are a lot more people coming out that way than to Concord where I live.

P Bailey said:

I just moved into the area up here and haven't seen anything like that either. I haven't yet been to the coast line either. From what I've seen, so far, it's a beautiful state and am sure I'll love it here.

Your photos are good Your stiring up emotions :) you should feel proud i knwo what u mean i live in oregon its gret out here but people dump stuff all the time i rember when i was a kdi going to play in the woods next to my naiborhood and there is so much crap back there wish peopel wouldnt do that.......

I certainly was not calling P Bailey a name, the name was geared towards the folks who do the dumping. I just can't believe that you settle for a situation such as that in your own back yard. In my opinion, you can and should be part of a solution and I don't believe that posting your photos here are going to make a difference, take them to your town hall........

K8 said:
I just can't believe that you settle for a situation such as that in your own back yard. In my opinion, you can and should be part of a solution and I don't believe that posting your photos here are going to make a difference, take them to your town hall........

I don't understand how you can infer that posting photos here means that people aren't concerned or trying to make a difference. This is a photography forum not a political forum. All photos are welcome here (there is one rule at the top of the gallery about nudity). I think it's unlikely that P. Bailey took these photos with the intention of selling them as fine art.

Ansel Adam's photographs are responsible for helping motivate Congress and the people of this country to help create many nationally protected areas of land. Photographs can make a big difference; compare the rules photojournalists must operate under in the Iraq war vs. the Vietnam war.

K8 said:

To make a difference in this world, the people need to be educated. Picking up their trash will not solve this problem.

Hey P! You certainly didn't think your posting would envoke all this, eh?

jonmikal said:
Hey P! You certainly didn't think your posting would envoke all this, eh?
No, I did not expect this. However, it is interesting.

Most reactions

Back