weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I've just won an auction for a Canon 135mm f2.5 FD lens that's been converted with a hard EF mount by The Lens Doctor for £43 including postage. Seems like a bargin for a fast prime, allbeit manual focus only.

Can't wait to try this out and see what it's like on my 7D!

You do know that you'll need an FD to EOS adapter, and in order to get infinity focus you'll need one with glass. This will slow the lens a bit, and it's hard to find such adapters that don't degrade image quality.

Shouldn't do mate, its had a hard conversion from an FD to EF mount. So the mount on the back has been changed to work on EOS cameras. That's one of the services The Lens Doctor does.

Sounds like a good, fair price for a modified lens. 135mm is usually pretty easy to focus, even on a typical d-slr focusing screen. I think a decent 135 is a NICE lens to have, and always has been. Size-wise they are nicely compact, and unobtrusive. Optically, by the time the Canon FD lenses were hitting their stride, 135mm lenses had been developed to a very good level of quality. Good pick-up I would say!

Thanks Derrel!

When I saw it on there I just had to bid for it. I'm gonna try some sports shooting with it at see how it goes but I figured that even if I don't manage to use the manual focus for action shots It'll make a pretty decent portrait lens.

that's some pretty kewl imagery

Thanks mate. It seems adequatley sharp, with the few test shots I did it seemed ever so slightly sharper wide open than my Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 C was at 70mm and stopped down to f8, so happy days. I think it will be a bit easier to use for people as they will be bigger in the frame so less chance of small focusing erros.

Wow! I didn't even know it was possible to do a hard EF mount onto an old FD lens? That is cool! I might have to look into that for some of my old FD lenses!

Great find

Most reactions

Back