Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Don C, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Don C

Don C TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I received a new Nikon D90 for Christmas and I'm concerned that the beautiful rear screen may get some scratches. I am thinking I should put a screen protector on the back screen. I don't have any experience with screen protectors, so I would like some recommendations. The brand that I am looking at is the Zagg invisibleSHIELD.

2. Hardrock

Hardrock TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Im sure they probally make some that are brand and model specific but what I did was at best buy they sell a universal pack of 14 screeen protectors. You do have to cut to fit but you will have extra. Its a real PITA to install and to get rid of all the air bubbles. I believe it cost me $13.

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The screens on DSLR cameras are usually pretty tough. I've been using DSLR cameras for several years now...and even my film cameras had an LCD on the top. I don't think there are any scratches on any of the screens...not that I can notice anyway.

I've also heard that it's not really very expensive to replace the screen if it does get damaged. The part might only be something like $25, but it's not a DIY project for most people so you'd have to figure in some shop labor.
    Either way, I don't think it's necessary to go crazy protecting your screen.

4. robdavis305

robdavis305 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Must be a used D90 cause they come with a protector if bought new.

5. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree with Big Mike. My cameras are pretty old now and I don't think any of them have a single scratch on the screen. I don't go out of my way to keep it safe either... Most people would probably describe some of the things I've done as abusive, lol.

I think those screen protectors are a gimmick, and not really needed. The protector probably scratches more easily than the screen...

6. Hardrock

Hardrock TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I actually scratched the screenprotector both times I installed it.:lol: I guess Im just one of those wierd type of people who keep the screen protectors on everything even if I get a new phone and it has one I leave it on until it falls off. Weither it works or not I feel a little better about it.

7. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
  8. TJ K

TJ K No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have an invisible shield on my Ipod Touch and it's sweet. The only thing is is that the screen gets more of a grippy feel and isn't smooth anymore like originally. It is very tough though i show my friends by writing pencil all over it and nothing happens at all.
    TJ

9. chip

chip TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit