Screen Protector

Don C

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I received a new Nikon D90 for Christmas and I'm concerned that the beautiful rear screen may get some scratches. I am thinking I should put a screen protector on the back screen. I don't have any experience with screen protectors, so I would like some recommendations. The brand that I am looking at is the Zagg invisibleSHIELD.

Im sure they probally make some that are brand and model specific but what I did was at best buy they sell a universal pack of 14 screeen protectors. You do have to cut to fit but you will have extra. Its a real PITA to install and to get rid of all the air bubbles. I believe it cost me $13.

The screens on DSLR cameras are usually pretty tough. I've been using DSLR cameras for several years now...and even my film cameras had an LCD on the top. I don't think there are any scratches on any of the screens...not that I can notice anyway.

I've also heard that it's not really very expensive to replace the screen if it does get damaged. The part might only be something like $25, but it's not a DIY project for most people so you'd have to figure in some shop labor.
Either way, I don't think it's necessary to go crazy protecting your screen.

Must be a used D90 cause they come with a protector if bought new.

I agree with Big Mike. My cameras are pretty old now and I don't think any of them have a single scratch on the screen. I don't go out of my way to keep it safe either... Most people would probably describe some of the things I've done as abusive, lol.

I think those screen protectors are a gimmick, and not really needed. The protector probably scratches more easily than the screen...

I actually scratched the screenprotector both times I installed it.:lol: I guess Im just one of those wierd type of people who keep the screen protectors on everything even if I get a new phone and it has one I leave it on until it falls off. Weither it works or not I feel a little better about it.

I have an invisible shield on my Ipod Touch and it's sweet. The only thing is is that the screen gets more of a grippy feel and isn't smooth anymore like originally. It is very tough though i show my friends by writing pencil all over it and nothing happens at all.
TJ

Most reactions

Back