Seamless Stand

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
K, I am about to step into the world of seamless. I want a stand like this and probably can't find anything cheaper than B and H... but does anyone else have any other suggestions for what I could use besides hooks in the walls?

Thank you!

K, I am about to step into the world of seamless. I want a stand like this and probably can't find anything cheaper than B and H... but does anyone else have any other suggestions for what I could use besides hooks in the walls?

Thank you!

Yes!

http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent

Use this as a guide to building your own, and like many others the concept can be adjusted, resized, or modified, based on your needs. In other words you could build a taller PVC framework, and do it for much less.

I'm looking into folding laundry hampers as one way to get a portable frame. Also for small objects that file hanger from the filing cabinet, is built to order. :sexywink:

B&H is where I buy just about everything and they are the best for fast delivery and fair prices. Sometimes we need to save a little by making do with what we make ourself. :thumbup:

Maybe someone can add their advise on lighting. I've read so many opinions that I just decided to go with what I had. But if someone is starting fresh, the floods can be table lamps from one of the mega builders/hardware stores. Small high intensity lamps for spots?

Thank you, thank you :) I'll check it out! For now I am going with the natural light approach, then we'll see about lights :) I have 400 dollars to spend right now (Just got my 50 mm) and I have no clue what I want to spend it on. My mind is struggling between putting it all to studio stuff, buying a used light meter, an external flash..? It's hard picking what my priority is!

Thanks again. I'll check out the link.

Looked at that a bit, and I need a stand for portraits... hehe so I think that might be a bit smalll! hmmmm..

Looked at that a bit, and I need a stand for portraits... hehe so I think that might be a bit smalll! hmmmm..

Anything worth building is worth over building!

I think you missed the little comment in my ramble. Build it larger using the same design concepts. :lol:

PVC is inexpensive, and all you need to do is make one big enough for your portraits, so you can hang something from it to make a seamless background.

As long as you aren't trying to be portable, it should work fine. If you are... build it and don't glue the cross pieces, but make the leg supports solid.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back