Self portrait at work

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As usual me slacking off at work and taking photos rather than actually doing something.

This was taken with ambient lighting with 40d and my new 50mm f1.4

1/8 sec
f/2.0
ISO 800

4535133352_a1ab7a5023_b.jpg

(If I actually turned that valve, I'd probably get fired)

I like it! Was it one of those "ok. set it up. Press the shutter. now RUN and get in position!"

Great capture.

It brings back memories.

Oh, the pic! Pretty good! It could use a little fill flash as long as you're goofing off. And, straighten the frame.

TURN IT!

LOL, Love it!

It brings back memories.

Oh, the pic! Pretty good! It could use a little fill flash as long as you're goofing off. And, straighten the frame.

Fill flash maybe. If it were me... I would have gone with an off the camera speed light to the left of the machine or valve shooting up through the valve wheel handle casting the shadow of the wheel on to you... Maybe, why not.

Remember though, he is at work. I dont know how happy the boss would be if i set up lighting, and all that fancy-ness. hahaha.

Definitely a 'run to get in position' type of affair :lol:

I didn't have my tripod with me so had to find a flat surface to rest the camera on, using live-view to frame and focus.

Fill flash, I thought about it - I could have used a 430EX but I felt that in this kind of situation a bit dark around the face is acceptable. I dunno, I guess it seems more authentic that way as the lighting around the station is pretty dim and I wanted it to just look like a candid capture of me doing something work-related, without looking too posed or set up.

As for straightening, again I thought about it but decided I liked the slight tilt so I didn't bother :)

What, no shot of you hanging out in the break room, drinking coffee??

"Turn that valve dude--the foreman needs a scare put into him!"

TURN IT!<--- LOL!

Do IT! :) :lmao: jk What happens when you turn it? Im curious Now..o_O :scratch:

Good question! What does happen if it were to be turned on/open?

Well if I shut the valve I would cut the steam supply from one of the steam lines into the main intermediate pressure steam manifold. Which is a bad thing, and would probably cause at least two of the generators to trip due to low pressure. Which would mean a severe talking to, or possibly gettign the sack :meh:

Well if I shut the valve I would cut the steam supply from one of the steam lines into the main intermediate pressure steam manifold. Which is a bad thing, and would probably cause at least two of the generators to trip due to low pressure. Which would mean a severe talking to, or possibly gettign the sack :meh:

Thanks for the update.

Haha yeah had to wait to get into work so I could check the drawing on that :lmao:

Most reactions

Back