Self portrait C&C?

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any comments would be helpful. I am new to the world of digital photography and have never used a camera before.

15861_215299196911_500091911_3032752_572673_n.jpg

Thank you!

You have 262 posts and thats ridiculous.

Shame, I was looking for a pat on the back for my efforts with a DSLR.

Almost funny but not at all.
:banghead:

this isnt as funny as the first picture taken with a flash thread. Sorry.

I'm trying to figure out what does post count have to do with the ability to make a quality image. I hope your not insinuating that the more posts you have, the better photographer you are.:scratch:

Oh Tyler......try again. That one's a "no go".:thumbdown:

Image looks to be a little out of focus, as well as kind of blah.
To be honest it does nothing for me and I don't see you getting a golden ticket to hollyweird.

Im sure this was a joke post so this was my added joke...

this isnt as funny as the first picture taken with a flash thread. Sorry.

I guess I am not familiar with that thread...?

But anyways, I see that my first photo is not being well received. :-(

Here is the second shutter actuation from my attempt at self portraits. Any better?

Self_in_my_room_by_IlluminousPhotos.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what does post count have to do with the ability to make a quality image.

It has to do that he is not new to the forum, and has used a camera before.

facepalm.jpg

ANYWAY. Can someone find me anywhere that it's documented in the sacred tomes of photography that it's unacceptable to not have the entire head of a subject in frame? It seems like time and time again, this gets brought up, and I fail to see why this is a requirement for a captivating portrait.

Not getting defensive, simply just sayin'.

ANYWAY. Can someone find me anywhere that it's documented in the sacred tomes of photography that it's unacceptable to not have the entire head of a subject in frame? It seems like time and time again, this gets brought up, and I fail to see why this is a requirement for a captivating portrait.

Ask yourself this first. What is the point of your image, what are you trying to show the viewer. In my opinion, you can cut off all you want but it will impact the image. Question is will it be good or bad. In this case, it wasn't good.

Ask yourself this first. What is the point of your image, what are you trying to show the viewer. In my opinion, you can cut off all you want but it will impact the image. Question is will it be good or bad. In this case, it wasn't good.

Well, lets see.... It's a self portrait, for starters. I think that was covered earlier, even through the tongue in cheek humor, no? I took multiple shots, ones that were from a wider angle that included my hair also. I found that the inclusion of the hair was distracting, so I re-shot. I also had to shoot at f/1.4, up close. So my DOF was roughly 1/10th of a foot.

Most reactions

Back