Self Portrait - playing guitar/singing

Hobbit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
http://flickr.com/photos/sergiog/2745386612/

I'm not a picture person, or a self-portrait person, but I decided to give it a try anyway. Any constructive criticism?
2745386612_a86edd0643_o.jpg

Neither facial expression is very flattering, I have to say. That's something you'll probably have to repeatedly play with til you get it right.

I like the exposure on these. I quite like the muted feel to the colours.

Composition and framing-wise, you've chopped off body parts and (most importantly) guitar parts in both pictures. Personally I'd avoid this if possible... I think having the full guitar in view would add a fair bit to the photo.

Cool idea though

I second mdcrisp's comments. I do like the colors on the scene though, usually blending (read: non-contrast) colors don't look this pleasing.

Thanks everyone! Next time I'll just try shooting myself without playing guitar or anything of that nature. Maybe I'll have better luck that way.
BETTER lighting helps.
The first image on left is not bad.
This is the second time I ever use my lights, so I'm not a lighting expert. Is there anything in particular about the lighting that you would change?

Looking at it now, I would probably avoid the shadows that my hair caused on my face.

And thanks for the comments about the colors. The .psd actually looks different, but something happened with I exported to .jpg.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back