Seniors and Off Camera Lighting

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I didnt know if I should put this in the Professional board or not. That is where I usually post, but since this was just for fun and not paid, I guess I can put it here. :)

I had a free weekend, so a fellow photographer and I went out to practice off camera lighting outdoors. We had a great time!!!! We rounded up a bunch of models and shot for about 5 hours!

Sorry about the annoying watermark, but I have had people steal my images (not here....clients did, off my blog) and print them, so I gotta be a bit more proactive in keeping that from happening now.

3368499990_003b8dbe67_o.jpg

3368499950_4594e864a8_o.jpg

3367675765_5aed07dc0d_o.jpg

3360342362_4cc4201b69_o.jpg

3368499780_cc3759563c_o.jpg

3359409473_229153bd65_o.jpg

Beautiful shots. I love the first two.

I really like the first two pictures. These are catalog grade I'd say. I've got two questions. What light module did you use and your last name is interesting, where is it from? :)

-Alex

I really like the first two pictures. These are catalog grade I'd say. I've got two questions. What light module did you use and your last name is interesting, where is it from? :)

-Alex

I used my Speedlight and Vivitar flash each on a lightstand, with a shoot through umbrella. A couple of those I just used one light, and a couple I used 2 lights.

As for my last name, it has Arabic origins...but there is no Arabic blood left in our family. Our relatives from a very long time ago travels from the middle east up the Roman road and then made their home in France until moving to America. At least that is what I am told. :)

Awesome, pictures. The composition is great and focus is spot on.

I think the second shot is great here - beautiful lit - nice shallow DOF that works very well. The eye contact and connection with the lens is the icing on the cake.

Very nice,
daithi

They're nice, but the watermark? seriously?

They might be nice, but they're not so good that everyone and they're grandmother is going to try and print or copy off of.

It's so obnoxious that i'm more interested in the typeface you used instead of the picture oh, and look at the plant, so cute, awww....what was the picture of again? I cant see them while i type this, but I know more about what your font looked like and how dominating it iwas over the picture of whomever you might have shot.

w/e..

Nice pictures, 4 and 6 has great eyes, you picked them up nicely. Wonderful lighting. (yes the watermark is a bit distracting though)

They're nice, but the watermark? seriously?

They might be nice, but they're not so good that everyone and they're grandmother is going to try and print or copy off of.

It's so obnoxious that i'm more interested in the typeface you used instead of the picture oh, and look at the plant, so cute, awww....what was the picture of again? I cant see them while i type this, but I know more about what your font looked like and how dominating it iwas over the picture of whomever you might have shot.

w/e..

Im not worried about people stealing pictures off of here, no...but I do have people steal images off of my blog and have had clients print images (even watermarkted images) and then not order more then what they had to because they got what they wanted. Sorry if it annoys you but protecting my business is a bit more important then keeping everyone happy. I didnt feel like make 2 different web copies of everything, so take it or leave it. When I have to make a living for me and my family, and my normal orders are $1500-$2500 and then someone steals my images and that order goes to $200....that can be a problem. I do all in person proofing and ordering with my clients, so they wont get distracted with watermarks on their proofs, but for the 3-4 I put on my blog, Im afraid I must have an obnoxious watermark. So sorry.

Most people are able to look past the watermark.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back