Seperate People & Pets

Yah I'd like to see people n pets separated too. What's the difference b/n nature and landscape? Is nature animals, another name for landscape, or flowers n trees n foliage and such?? I think keep people with people, animals with animals (wild or domestic), landscape n nature with landscape and nature....It seems kinda intuitive....But then again, whadda I know, I'm just another newbie....;)

I was just thinking, maybe we could have a new subsection under Wedding Photography -Divorce Photography- or would that go under People???

People and pets should be separated, but how about shots of people and pets that have been separated?- Like kids that have had their puppies and kittens taken from them?

Your suggestion has been noted, of course, and thank you to all the members who care enough about our forums to come up with suggestions for things they think might work better differently.

Some decisions, though, are more of an administrative nature than of a moderating nature, so - while your idea is being discussed - it isn't and can't be a moderator's doing to actually bring about any changes in the layout of the forums.

But, like I am saying, we are talking about it.

Alright, thanks.. Thats all I wanted to hear. Generally I know that admins have to do things like that, But.. I had yet to see an admin in my short time if being here so far... So i thought maybe the mods coulda been admins aswell.. haha.

yes we are looking at changing the sections anyways. Hopefully this will simplify the catagories and make browsing and posting easier.

Separating Landscape and Wildlife too?- Maybe?- Please?

I've given up asking for that

This is something i personally would like changed, so no worries...

I was just thinking, maybe we could have a new subsection under Wedding Photography -Divorce Photography- or would that go under People???

People and pets should be separated, but how about shots of people and pets that have been separated?- Like kids that have had their puppies and kittens taken from them?

That would be sick... but maybe your onto something :lol:

What about a people as pets section?

I use similar techniques with kids and pets, so I can see them being one forum. And often it's impossible to separate people from there pets. I really don't see it as an issue, but that's just my opinion.

I use similar techniques with kids and pets, so I can see them being one forum. And often it's impossible to separate people from there pets. I really don't see it as an issue, but that's just my opinion.

Well, if its a picture of a person w/ their pet, it would go under the People section. If its just a picture of an Animal/Pet, it would go under the Pets and Animals section.

That way, you don't have to go through threads that you don't care about to find the images of what you want to see. If I'm looking for pictures of people and wanting to get ideas/techniques from others, I would rather not have to go through shots of animals. Or, if I'm wanting some ideas on how to take some shots of my dog, I don't want to have to go through pictures of people.

It would make it easier and simpler. Landscape and nature seem to go with each other in my opinion, both are outside. Pictures of mountains, leaves, flowers, rocks, rivers... seem to go hand and hand. Pictures of people and animals just don't to me.

Just cause I'm a car guy, a section for that would also be kinda cool. I dunno how many others would use it.. Maybe just have a "Transportation" section, planes, cars, trains.. things of that nature could be under it.

I'm just throwing some ideas out there.

Just cause I'm a car guy, a section for that would also be kinda cool. I dunno how many others would use it.. Maybe just have a "Transportation" section, planes, cars, trains.. things of that nature could be under it.

I think that you're trying to separate things into too many categories.
I can't think of a subject that will never interest me. It depends on the specific image.
I think the only reason for deviding the forum into categories is the large number of new threads every day - if we had them all in a single page they would just go down too quickly. (I hope I was clear in this).

Dani.

I think that you're trying to separate things into too many categories.
Dani.

yea.. we won't be making anymore categories... its a really bad way to go, it makes the site more confusing and people end up not wanting to post into small galleries where they wont get many views.
However things can be re-arranged... the landscape gallery should be seperate from wildlife and nature imo, because for i for one am more of a landscape photog and i dont own a single lens that would suit wildlife photog and therefore hardly ever do it.
So it is likely that wildife, animals and pets will all be in one section and landscapes / cityscapes in another.

Actually, I beg to differ on making the site more confusing. Its more confusing when you aren't sure where you are suppose to post an image, so then it just ends up in the general section. Which is where I'm guessing I would post auto show pictures?

Here is how i think it should be set up going off of what you said

City/landscapes
Pets/Animals/Wildlife
Outdoors/Nature
People

well it may seem better to split things up into little bits.. but believe me when it comes to the general public and countless new members joining every week... less is easier, and makes sure everyones images get viewed.

But yes the few catagories you mentioned is pretty much in the order to what we are looking at having.

Lets just have a soup to nuts category and we can all post in there and sift through everything!!! It would be awesome!! Marriages, divorces, pets, people, people with pets, people without pets, nature, landscapes, nature eating landscapes....I'm obviously just kidding, but it would be cool to separate pets n people. Nature and landscape I can understand, but pets n people...even though they're both really portraits....I'd rather see Joe or Jane then spot and muffin...;)

hmm. many shots of relatives and children remind me of shots of pets, and vice versa.

so the two go well together in my opinion ;)

just fashion photography, or anything glamour-ish or real portrait do not fit in well.

City/landscapes
Pets/Animals/Wildlife
Outdoors/Nature
People

My opinion:

Landscapes do not go well with cities at all, these are two totally separate categories in my head, and I do shoot both often.

Wildlife is totally different from pets, and after all wildlife and landscapes together are Nature.

if you break all these sections up, will there still be a general gallery and a black and white section?

Most reactions

Back