1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

shapes, forms and light

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by jaharris1001, Apr 12, 2009.

1. jaharris1001

jaharris1001 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    a couple from my favorite beach to photograph here in Central Florida, Flagler Beach

[​IMG]

someone from another forum suggested I do that shot in b&w so here it is
    [​IMG]

I liked the holes and lines on this one too

[​IMG]

2. Froggy

Froggy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Love the ground in both!! The skies look like weird though... artefacts? I don't know, but they seem blurred and whithout details... :\
    Otherwise, I prefer the B&W one : )

3. astrostu

astrostu I shoot for the stars

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree -- I like the ground in all of them. I think the sky only works well in the first one. In the other two, I think it detracts. I would suggest trying out a "rule of thirds" approach with your horizon line, in this case having the ground be ~2/3 of the shot, the sky ~1/3.