Shooting Red Bull Crashed Ice

FranDaMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This weekend I will be in Valkenburg to watch the Red Bull crashed Ice races.
I am bringing my camera, and I wanna try and shoot some pics.

It will be at night, but on TV, the track looks pretty brightly lit.

Any pointers as how to get the best results ?

This weekend I will be in Valkenburg to watch the Red Bull crashed Ice races.
I am bringing my camera, and I wanna try and shoot some pics.

It will be at night, but on TV, the track looks pretty brightly lit.

Any pointers as how to get the best results ?

fast glass and high iso

What looks to your eye to be brightly lit, will probably look like an unlit cave at midnight to your camera. :lmao:

Pop-up flash ??

r

thanks for all the wonderfull info :er:

Really, for night time sports you need a camera that can handle high iso's well and fast glass. not sure what else to tell ya. experiment and have fun

about the only thing you can do is high ISO and fast Glass! like the first guy said!

Yeah, pretty much. 550d and 75-300 4.5-5.6 isn't going to get you anything worth keeping unless the track is really brightly lit. But hey, take the camera anyway and see what happens. Doesn't really matter if you don't get anything good, you will learn a bit about what the light limits of your equipment are. There's always the possibility of renting a nice lens like a 70-200 f2.8 and then you will be in a different ball game.

Shoot in RAW, expose the best you can with your equipment, and try and bring back what is missing in ACR.

Thats what I will do.
Hopefully, if I can get there early, I can get a spot next to the track. Then I can use the 17-85 with the IS. It's a sharper lens than the 75-300.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back