Shot through a viewfinder

jeroen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photoblog.jeroencoert.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I taped my Canon iXus to an old Argus Super 75 that I bought on a flea market. It takes 620 rolls so this is a nice way to have a little fun with it.

1 View from my window.

IMG_1217.jpg

2 La Pluis.

IMG_1219.jpg

3 The contraption.

_MG_4317.jpg

Heh nice idea, i will have to try that sometime ;)

WoW! That is an interesting idea. How did you come up with that?

Great photos.

Let me try to guess hmmm.. De koninck? Hertog Jan? ;)
Kriek would darken the sky on a sunny day!:razz:

Let me try to guess hmmm.. De koninck? Hertog Jan? ;)
Kriek would darken the sky on a sunny day!:razz:
Almost right, this is Palm beer.
But trying out different filters and drinking them after use might be an interesting experiment :mrgreen:

:thumbup: definately! Palm - lovely beer!

We had a thread on Feb 7, 2010 about using the old Kodak Duaflex in this manner. I wrote: The "hot, new thing to do" with the old Duaflexes is to take digital photos off of the viewfinder screen image! Seriously--I kid you not--there is a growing movement of people who have cobbled together tubes of various types, which allow a lens to be postioned well-centered over the viewing screen. I saw a how-to article on Shutterbug magazine's web site not long ago. This is called TtV or Through the VIewfinder photography. Flickr has a discussion on it Flickr: Discussing What makes ttv photographs so appealing in Through The Viewfinder

The November, 2009 issue of Shutterbug magazine had an article on TtV Shutterbug: TtV Photography and the article is entitled "TtV Photography; The Duaflex Lives Again".

I had a Duaflex II many years ago. Who knew it might once again become a useful piece of camera gear!

Yeah, sure. I saw this somewhere a few months ago and stored it somewhere in the back of my mind to try it some day and then I found that little Argus on a flea market. The beer filter is a unique invention, done today by yours truely :mrgreen:

Where it arises in conversation I shall credit the innovation of the TTV Beer filter (yellow/orange/red) to Jeroen of Amsterdam from this day on! Proost!

@dallmeyer
I was about to tell you that I find the Ensign the camera with the coolest design ever when I noticed your post is gone.

Maybe a mod should move this thread to the themes forum?

Yes good plan. It deserves a theme IMO. I am changing my server photohosting around. I will post pictures again soon. And I will try to make some TTV for the theme. The Ensign - I was lucky, I just walked in a charityshop. For 5 euro i bought it as an ornament. Then I saw on Flickr that it was a popular TTV due to its big viewfinder. I will try to make some nice TTV in the sunshine as soon as possible!

there's a unique first person affect. It's a step.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back