Should your photos be processed consistently?

I guess I have no idea how I should or want to edit my photos. I tried the VSCO thing, didn't care for it. Not my thing so there's that.

I don't want to make my photos "over the top" But I don't really want them to be flat and boring, I want to add some life to them but just bumping up the contrast slider doesn't always do that. I've been watching photographers on YouTube process their photos in LR and man, I just suck at it. They have a system and they know what exactly they want. I got nothing, no clue. When out shooting, I'm not even thinking about where I am going to take this photo later in LR. There is so many options and it just gets overwhelming sometimes.

I guess I have no idea how I should or want to edit my photos. I

For me, the choice how I edit individual pictures comes from the content and my feelings about it.

I typically edit pictures of travel in the warm climates to be warm and lush - because that's the impression that I had of these countries and that's how I want the pictures to look.( Kin Pun Journey | _07985291337-2 )

When I went to Iceland, it seemed that a warm glow would be inappropriate to everything about the picture - unless the scene was clearly in the golden hour (Iceland - 2015 | Route 42). (Iceland - 2015 | Icelandic Pony)

Street shots I edit according to what I remember the feeling - I generally like straightforward clean colors. (Tea Party Rally - DC - Fall 2009 | teabag700__0795204 )

And if I get control the colors, to give the impression I want, I convert the scene to BW (Random Street Shots | Ball Up)

They know what exactly they want. I got nothing, no clue.

These people seem to know exactly what impression they want the color to give so that it matches with the content.
Try asking yourself that question and then let the answers be your guide to processing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back