Shutter Count

How about this software (it's free). Exif viewer : Opanda IExif - Professional EXIF / GPS / IPTC Viewer & Editor in Windows, IE & Firefox

I had it several years back when I had a Windoze computer, and it was able to check the shutter actuations on my cameras as part of the iEXIF feature, which I guess was for *i(formation from) EXIF*. The designers of this software app are not native English speakers, I would guess, so their copy is kind of poor at describing all the features. I checked the info on shutter counts for several cameras back when I had the Windows machine and I think, but am not 100 percent sure, if I had my 20D at that time or not.

Can't do it...

You can only add before or after the file name, not in the middle of it.
I set it up to add a 0 to the end (well, I just made the preset - I won't actually use it till it rolls over).

So, the first files after the roll-over would be: IMG_00010, IMG_00020, IMG_00030, etc. Works for me.

there are file rename utilities out there for free, you can have it remove the img_ before each file name, then add img_1 to the beginning of each.

I think Ill start to rename each file with the date daken at the beginning, this way I dont have to worry about duplicates. ie yymmdd-0001

Most reactions

Back