Sierra Take II

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
And this is what I do LOL I go back and edit photos when I think I can improve on them. I think it is an obsession haha. How does this one look?

sierra.jpg

Something feels fake and dollish to me in this one. I would prefer it more natural. The highlight on the hair is distracting also.

The photo is technically nice. But for a child picture it's a very serious look, almost adult. also the eyes look a little over the top.

qizl said:
The photo is technically nice. But for a child picture it's a very serious look, almost adult. also the eyes look a little over the top.
Actually, this was not posed at all. I just took the photo really quick and that is how she tilted her head when she saw the camera. She had icing on her nose and everything, but I removed it for this one. P.S. I did nothing to enhance the eyes at all.

Personally I think it looks very professional and agree its hard to take your eyes away... really well done!

Love the light and the vignette! You know, it must be blue eyes because I know another woman who posts photos of her daughter on a parenting forum I belong to and everyone always says it looks like the over processed her eyes and she always has to explain that no, it's just how they look! She's a stunning little girl and you captured her well :)

Christie Photo said:
I had to come back and look again. This is really very nice. Try scrolling the image so that the heart graphic is cropped out. What do you think?

Pete
I totally agree Pete. I actually started to do that in the first place but then thought it made her look like a boy in a tank-top LMAO I guess the earring helps identify her as a girl, but you never know these days! haha! The biggest thing I hate about this photo is the bright spot in her hair, but of course when I took the photo I was not trying to take a professional looking/posed photo - this was pure luck that it came out as good as it did (in my opinion of course). I was just taking snapshots at my son's birthday party. But of course I always try to do my best even when taking simple snapshots and I am my worst critic and the hardest on myself when it comes to my photography, so I was indeed disappointed with the blown spot in her hair..but back to the point. I am going to do a final edit on the photo tomorrow (cropping out the heart) so that I can present an 8x10 of this to her mother as a surprise gift. I must also mention it was really hard to get all of the chocolate stains off of her shirt! LOL!! (Not to mention the huge gob of icing on her nose -which you can see in my "Prim & Proper" thread - it has the full shot)

Most reactions

Back