Skim boarding #3

Conk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cloverdalephotography.com
Also a White Rock Photo. Here we have locals skim boarding on a fine day.

21_Skim-Boarding-at-WRB.jpg

Tricky exposure against the light. Well done under the circumstance. What does "skim boarding" mean? (Sorry, my English is so poor). What I do recognise is people wetting their feet in what I assume to be still quite cold waters of the Pacific... Pacific? Oops, let's hope my geography has not left me when I place British Columbia on the WEST coast of Canada...:shock:!!!)

For Skim boarding you have a board like a Boogie board (or a smaller surfboard type thing) and you throw it along the very very shallow water like in the small pond thing there on the beach, or on the area of sand just after a wave has washed up and then you sprint towards it and jump on the board and you skim (like a hovercraft) over the very small amount of water.

It's really really crazy and somewhat stupid in my books coz if you do it wrong and you jump on it too hard - the board crunches into the sand and you fling foward and get a mouth full of sand. Not yummy. I've tried so many times and I just can't do it.

Now for the photo, I think you've done a great job here. Showing the great expanse of ocean and the beach goers. I think you captured the mood really well of how alone you can be when you're on the beach/ocean even with those other people around.

this is great, I love the silhouettes and the subtle colors. nicely done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back