Skin softening in pp

Well, I'd say that was an excellent 1st or even 10th try! One way I've found of using this and other tools like it is to use it on a series of feathered selections at different locations on the face. Create a layer for each pass and then blend. But that just one way to produce a specific "look" I was after. There are hundreds of "looks" you can create with this tool. and ALL of them legitimate.

I'm not understanding the "magic bullet" ideas being discussed. Reality is based on perception and there's no getting around that. Everyone's perception is different and everyone's in valid. If the effort results in a creation that is within the held perception (ie. was something you like and that was near your target/goal) then it was a success as a simple matter of definition.

Variety and individualism are good things. Conformity and group-think regardless of the 100-monkey nexus phenomenon, are bad things. Conformity; baaad, Variety; guuuud. :D

As far as customers go Jerry's right about comparative evaluation. Without the before shot in the above samples the customer will think you're a genius - especially if it's presented to them in that way. This is commonly known as good salesmanship and is just a 1/2 step back from another condition known as being full of s***. ;) Most working professionals in just about any segment of the fine arts who deal with clients need to posses this "talent" IMO. Especially for portraits, weddings, and so forth - you're selling them on your perception(s). If you can do that you get referrals and your rep and business grow (all other things being equal). Fail at that aspect of it and you end up beating the streets allot or working for someone else.

I dunno why I'm typing so much... Not enough sleep I guess. What I'm trying to say I could have said in one simple sentence: If it works for you then do that and remain open.

The results of these plug-ins (and there are several very good ones now) work for me - at least as a major assist to variety of effects. ;)

It's all guud!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back