slide developing and printing cost?

ckshen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi, i am thinking about switching from shooting prints to slides, and i have a newbie question. i've heard that slide printing is more expensive than prints. how much does it roughly cost to get a print, let's say 4x6, from a slide? also how much roughly is developing a 36 roll? and how much does it cost to mount them and is it necessary after all?

the cost of printing slides has almost equaled printing from negs because of digital printing and not having to have a lab that specializes in postive to postive printing. Now you just take the slide in and have it printed digitally like negs, via fuji frontier or any other print processor that can print digitally. The only thing that would make it cost more is that they would have to handle each slide indiviually instead of say printing a strip of negs, just paying for the extra time they would have to spend mounting each slide in the printer. But the cost is fairly comparable now to neg printing.

if you pick and choose only the slides you want to print the cost should not be that much more than negs or from a digital file.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back