Smugmug Packages - sorta

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by 45mphK9, Sep 9, 2009.

1. 45mphK9

45mphK9 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Okay - here is the situation. I am shooting "school pics" for a preschool that has around 100 to 120 students. I was planning on having parents just order their childs pics off of Smugmug. Now, the director wants me to put together packages. I know Smug mug doesn't do packages, so I thought I would offer both options. If they want a "package" or to pay cash or check, I will input their order & have it shipped to me. I think this has the potential to be a real headache. Am I right?

Also, the packages will actually cost me more in time then if they ordered their own. Therefore, I don't plan on making the packages any cheaper. Is that a marketing mistake?

Finally, I am setting up a pro acct with Smugmug - but haven't yet. I need to find out if the prices are per sheet or per print? I'm assuming per print.

Yes - I know I'm not prepared for this. And, no, I'm not doing it again next year. So any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. Ham1

Ham1 TPF Noob!

The prices are all set per print except for Wallets (4 to a sheet). Each wallet measures 2.5 x 3.5 inches and the set of four comes printed on a 5 x 7 sheet. They can be easily cut to separate.

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    If the photos are edited the way you want so when ordered from smugmug, then you won't have to do anything else on that side.

For packages, put together several the the parents can have an option of ordering. Make sure everything is documented correctly, then order them yourself. That's what I would do.