Sneaky Spyro

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My son and I built some terrariums. I might have had an ulterior motive...

I must say, taking this photo was not easy! It took quite a while for me to figure out how to avoid the reflection of my light on the terrarium bowl. I finally placed the light right against the glass and that seems to have worked fairly well. Thoughts?

My kid likes Skylanders, Skylanders Giants, and Skylanders Swap Force. A lot of my extra cash has gone into that game franchise, so it's nice to see Spyro in this shot. The worst part about the entire Skylanders experience was the endless search to find Ninjini back when she was going for $100 Buy It Now on eBay...we happened to stumble on a Ninjini at Fred Meyer in The Dalles while getting supplies for a salmon fishing trip on the Deschutes!!!

Wow. I kinda knew Skylanders was big for a while, but we seem to have come in kind of on the tail end of it. I've still managed to spend quite a bit of money on it, but for better or worse, my son hasn't maintained as much interest in it as I thought he would. We started with Swap Force and he loved it, but beat the main story within a week (he's 6, so it must not have been all that difficult). He got bored with it fairly quickly thereafter until he learned there were other games. We finally managed to find Skylanders Giants for Xbox and he enjoyed that for a few days, but I think it must be harder than Swap Force and I think he's stuck. I rekindled his interest a bit by buying him a megablox set, but that interest seems to be waning again. It's disconcerting when I look at how much money I've put into the games...

Yeah...kids have interests that sometimes do fade. He might enjoy the games more when he's a little older, or he may not. Hard to tell. One of the better new games is VERY low-cost...almost free...it's Minecraft. My kid went Minecraft, Skylanders, Minecraft. Giants has no jump button, no jumping except on the designated jump pads, so it requires more pre-planning. It's a fun game to play once the characters have been leveled up, and I think it's best as a two-player, parent-child game, as opposed to the single player mode. Yeah...video games...we don't play many of them, and that's by design.

Most reactions

Back