Snowday, first try at . . .

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Selective desaturation!

I've known some theories and methods on this for awhile but never really tried it before. Don't know why, just didn't. I know this is the quitesential shot for this type of thing but it seemed good at the time.

snowday6804.jpg

I don't usually like the selective desaturation.... but I think everyone needs to try it at least once.... lol
good job, I like it! :)

How did you do that?

My guess is you selected the shapes (by adding selections), then inverted it and then adjusted the saturation on the selected pixels.

The real question is: Is there an easy way to select those pixels, or should I just use the magic wand tool to select and add selections until it covers the object?

i quite like it as is. perfect choice for what you left in color IMO.

hlasso said:
How did you do that?

My guess is you selected the shapes (by adding selections), then inverted it and then adjusted the saturation on the selected pixels.

The real question is: Is there an easy way to select those pixels, or should I just use the magic wand tool to select and add selections until it covers the object?

Actually the way I did it was simply through the color selection tool and set the fuzziness level to where I wanted it. There are other methods that are more acurate but I wanted fast and easy for a first try :wink:

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back