So how good are you really at critiquing? ;)

Osmer_Toby said:
canonrebel said:
Osmer_Toby said:
it would be cool, tho, if you could somehow place, say, a wolf on the sidewalk. that would definitely make it more interesting.

Hey Osmer_Toby, Here's your wolf 8) .....
33758028.jpg

hey, cool! :thumbsup:

bahahahaha!!! Ok, that's the funniest thing I've seen here yet. Thanks for having such a great sense of humor about it, CR. :wink:

Matt, this:
Many famous photos would be dismissed in most Photog 101 critique sessions if presented as from an amateur. Critique comes across as criticism, but it should be viewed as other people's vision of your idea. As the artist/photographer you can choose to accept or discard these opinions and ideas as it suits you and your work. Professional critics, whether literary, art, or music often seem to be able to drum up much more meaning in the work than the creator ever thought of.
is spot on. Sometimes it can be thrilling to read if a critic can verbalize what you felt about a piece of art or music, but couldn't put into words - and sometimes it just comes across as hifalutin' crap. :wink:

Nagala: I view tasting notes from wine critics the same way. :p

This one looks like a safe topic.

Personally, I see nothing exceptional in the photograph. It is a relatively dull flat cityscape.

From an interpretation standpoint, there could be a message. Given the time that the photo was taken (1960 ish by looking at the cars), this could be a social statement.

Observations:

1) There has been a lot of development, yet where are the people? The photo could be a statement of waste of some other social issue of the time.

2) There could be a satirical side to the photo.........the town has "gone to the dogs".

Most reactions

Back