So this dog bit me...

Artograph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...and after asking if the dog has had all it's shots....I report it to the police and went to emerg to get checked out. :(

The woman who owns the dog was fined and her dog was labeled "vicious". In this town, the by-laws say that a "vicious" dog must be on a leash and muzzled when off of the owners property. :meh:

Well, the woman and the dog were off their property, and on school property (where I was originally bitten by her dog) again, several weeks after the initial fine (and my dog bite). :confused:

....Just happened to have my camera with me, as I often do....and snapped a few shots of the woman and her dog off her property, and passed it along to the by-law officer. She was fined...again!!! :mrgreen:

My son was with me when the dog bit me. The dog came from behind us and started nipping at my 5 year old son....I tried to get the dog away from my son and it turned me and bit me. I reported it to prevent anyone else from the same fate as me. :(

Get this...the woman is p!ssed at ME!!!! :confused: LOL!!! ;)

Yeah, well......whatever, pictures don't lie!!! ;)

glad she got fined, sorry you got bit. :(

it's always a smart idea to carry a p&s with you that has a video option.

People that treat animals better than human beings piss me off. And what’s sad is that the logic makes sense in her head. Keep that camera handy. Don’t be shocked if you find poop on your doorstep...:lol:

Bummer. Tell us why you think this post is appropriate for a photographic discussion.

And yes photographs do not lie. That is why you should never delete photos. Even the crapiest shot of Gerhardt and Helga at the family picnic will be amazing as time goes go by.

Love & Bacon

)'(

I can't stand people that break the law and get made at the person that turned them in, like its that persons fault they broke the law in the first place.

As far as dog owning goes...I know what situations can push my dog's temper, so I don't take him in those situations unless I can have him under control 100% of the time, I would never let him off leash in one of those situations. I wouldn't let ANY dog off leash around kids, thats just asking for trouble.

....Just happened to have my camera with me, as I often do....and snapped a few shots of the woman and her dog off her property, and passed it along to the by-law officer. She was fined...again!!! :mrgreen:

I wish we could get the local PD to be anywhere near that proactive; this happened a week ago, and I still see dogs off leash in the park nearly every day.

If that dog came nipping at my son and ended up biting me in the end, it wouldn't be around to see the next day. It would have been worse if your son was playing outside alone.

People that treat animals better than human beings piss me off. And what’s sad is that the logic makes sense in her head. Keep that camera handy. Don’t be shocked if you find poop on your doorstep...:lol:

Well then I will piss you off big time then! My animals ARE treated better then humans!

And if you don't like it tough ****

on "topic": i have a rottweiler and he has bitten some people in the 4 year i have had him but never without a reason, either to protect a member of the family or himself. in our country "dangerous dogs" are supposed to be leashed and muzzled but he IS trained to protect us. my dog is also treated as a full member of our family and i might say he is treated better than some humans(referring to scum and low-lifes)

off topic: i'm also wondering why the op thought this had to be in the photographic discussion forum, he could at least post a picture of the brute that bit him.

Last edited:
yea this doesn't have much to do with photographic discussion, so it going to off topic.

Also... no arguing over animal treatment please, everyones opinion is going to differ and no ones opinion is wrong.

My son was with me when the dog bit me. The dog came from behind us and started nipping at my 5 year old son....I tried to get the dog away from my son and it turned me and bit me. I reported it to prevent anyone else from the same fate as me. :(

Translation:
I was out with my son when a strange dog approached. Being an over-protective parent, I assumed the worst and made threatening gestures and tried to swipe at this dog, who defensively nipped at me. So rather than take responsibility for my own actions, it makes me feel better to blame the dog.

Most dog "bites" are because stupid people do stupid things. And sadly, too many dogs get put to sleep because of it.

I could be wrong in this situation, but this story and its translation is sooooo common...

Translation:
I was out with my son when a strange dog approached. Being an over-protective parent, I assumed the worst and made threatening gestures and tried to swipe at this dog, who defensively nipped at me. So rather than take responsibility for my own actions, it makes me feel better to blame the dog.

Most dog "bites" are because stupid people do stupid things. And sadly, too many dogs get put to sleep because of it.

I could be wrong in this situation, but this story and its translation is sooooo common...

No matter what she did, I have to say, allowing the dog to be off leash on school property was stupid in itself. She shouldn't have to defend herself from protecting her son on a property he should have felt safe on.

Also, you weren't there and you didn't witness it, correct?

So, you might not want to infer that you know exactly what went down. It can be pretty darn insulting when someone tries to tell you that you did something that you didn't do.

No matter what she did, I have to say, allowing the dog to be off leash on school property was stupid in itself. She shouldn't have to defend herself from protecting her son on a property he should have felt safe on.

Also, you weren't there and you didn't witness it, correct?

So, you might not want to infer that you know exactly what went down. It can be pretty darn insulting when someone tries to tell you that you did something that you didn't do.

Dmitri said:

Also, where I live it's quite common for people to bring their dogs to the schoolyard to run around.

Most reactions

Back