So this is what Canon has been up to

Seriously you have to wonder why Canon would come out with a color that will show dirt and wear. It is as ugly as wearing a pair of white loafers. But maybe wearing white loafers and carrying this camera will compliment each other. Add a bahama shirt you could look like a real tourist.

It is a really small DSLR. It is geared toward women.. doh! People who buy these will probably never buy another lens. IMO, it looks pretty darn sexy (paired with an attractive woman).

It is a really small DSLR. It is geared toward women.. doh! People who buy these will probably never buy another lens. IMO, it looks pretty darn sexy (paired with an attractive woman).

To be fair Canon could be targeting other regions of the world where having a white camera would be more attractive than the traditional black body camera. I am only basing my opinion on my what has been the acceptable norm for a look of a camera in my part of the world.

To be fair Canon could be targeting other regions of the world where having a white camera would be more attractive than the traditional black body camera. I am only basing my opinion on my what has been the acceptable norm for a look of a camera in my part of the world.

Of course...Canon is targeting the Japan market, where cameras are as much a fashion statement, or a status statement, as they are picture-making machines. Witness the popular Tokyo Camera Style blog, where the guy walks up to people on the street, and takes a picture of the camera people happen to be wearing that day.

tokyo camera style

Of course...Canon is targeting the Japan market, where cameras are as much a fashion statement, or a status statement, as they are picture-making machines. Witness the popular Tokyo Camera Style blog, where the guy walks up to people on the street, and takes a picture of the camera people happen to be wearing that day.

tokyo camera style

They have got style not 1 digital in sight, and loads of Leica's

And of course, real 35mm's, like...Nikons! lol... I've read that Japan is where the majority of Leicas are being shipped off to...apparently the Japanese want Leicas in a big,big way! Just as an aside, I saw a while back that Leica had Apple Computer's Sir Jonathan Ive design an ULTRA-rare, one-unit, white-ish Leica M digital for charity auction. First Photos of the Special Edition Jony Ive-Designed Leica M Released

When does the gold plated Rebel come out?

The camera, as far as I know, is going to be released only in Asian countries, or at least that's where they're centering their marketing at. I imagine this white, inexpensive DSLR is going to sell very well over there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back