Some Christmas shots for C&C

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm really looking for input on composition and PP. What would you guys do, and which one do you prefer? Thanks in advance.

You cut the mantle a little short in the 1st one and your cropped dad's stocking in the second one. Ultimately, I prefer the 1st shot. Having said that, I think your white balance needs some tweeking. I'm a noob...Read my words with caution...LoL

Cheers!!
- Dan

I love the lighting in both, very warm and fuzzy-I like the 1st one better, as the second doesn't get the cat as well.

I like the composition of #1 better, but it needs work in my opinion. The color balance is a little too warm for my taste, but one problem you're going to find is that when you cool off the color balance, the 2 completely different light sources are going to rear their ugly head. This shot might have been better later in the day with less sunlight, or possibly even at night. Then you could have used just the single color light source. I generally like my fire shots a little darker, but that's my opinion. Maybe the few items on the mantle shouldn't be cut off? Otherwise, I like the shot.

x2 to everything that Stosh said :) I also like #1 better... it's a nicer composition. These have a nice, warm & cozy feeling to them :)

Thanks for the input guys. I really didn't want to cut out the items on the mantle but our living room is so cramped I really didn't have a whole lot of choice. It's not a framer but a cozy shot none the less.

Most reactions

Back