Some falls I shot this weekend while camping

nymtber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Taken at Sun Valley Campground here in NY state.

falls5.jpg

I think I got the exposure right ;)

Awesome Picture! I love it how did you do that?

hmm yea I should post the settings...

f/25, 1sec exposure, ISO 100, 70mm focal length, Tripod mounted, 2 sec timer. Soon Ill have a release cable and wont need the timer...:)

Shot in RAW, converted on CS3, mostly normal adjustments, 50/100 clarity to make details pop out better. Not cropped, just re-sized.

Personally of all the pictures I took of the falls, for these smaller falls, 1 second looks to be the PERFECT amount of time to get the look I was after. I have the pic set as my desktop wallpaper, and it looks even better on my 19" monitor!

Thanks for the comments! :)

Nailed. It. Very good. The only critique I would have is there looks to be more of it and my mind wants to see it all. That being said there is clear subject I think and the crop works.

My recent attempts at catching a cataract were nowhere near as good.

Kudos!

Yes, your right there was a bit more...but most of that was in the bright sunlight, and I was trying to keep exposure, So I only fit the shaded area in the viewfinder :)

The trees at top are kind of annoying, but cropping them out would cut out a lot of good detail. Besides, my eyes seem to be drawn to the flowing water, dont notice the trees unless I actually look :)

Excellent shot.

love how the water goes in different directions

Love it. I have toured most of the waterfalls in north Georgia and some in South Carolina and Tennessee. I think they might be one of my favorite subjects. So to make a long story longer ... nailed it.Nice shot. I would like to see more of it as stated by someone else before me

Guys n Gals, Check out my Flickr link if you want to see more pictures of the same falls...there is a taller fall as well :) I just really really liked this picture best out of the ones I took!

Thanks for the comments. The A200 is really taking breathtaking pictures, And Im only using the kit lens and a sony DT55-200 f4.5-6 lens. Cant wait to afford better glass...

Awesome fall shot its very beautiful....great compostion....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back