Some good ones?

What settings are you using with the camera? Are you using the presets ? are you setting manually? What is your exposure for the shots-like ISO, F Stop etc. Those tidbits of information would help us to better advise you.

The first image- sky detail is blown
In the 2nd image the chair is also over-exposed. I would also have shot the chair at more of an angle instead of almost straight on. To give it more interesting shadows and detail, try shooting this in early morning or early evening before the sun goes down. Nothing happens overnight in the world of photography, it takes time and patience. Keep on practicing and in time your images will get better and better.if you point your camera at a portion of the sky just to the side of the subject tpress the shutter 1/2 way then recompose your shot on the subject(without letting go of the shutter button) then you will expose for both the topic and the BG sky, that alone would make it more interesting.

To make any of those images above more interesting, try several different angles to see what works best. The less of background distractions included, will give more emphasis on your main subject. I hope this helps.

Also there is a free program available called "GIMP" just google it and you can use it instead of Photoshop. It accepts all the plug-ins for photoshop and is very good for a free program.

aight ao what im gunna start doing is creating a journal but today f stop was at 10 and iso is 800

When you do also note where the position of the sun was and time of day along with ISO, F.Stop, Aperture with or without flash.

ok so how could i make what i took more creative?

You need to figure out why you like a particular photo, then enhance those qualities. If you like the log with the fungus, get closer. If you like that tree, sit down, turn you camera vertically and shoot from the bottom up....emphasizing how big the tree is. Make sense?
aight

Perhaps the things you shot were interesting enough, but the way you shot them, to me at least, was not at all creative. I'm a big fan of foreground and natural framing. None of your shots use this. The background in all but the leaf is distracting or uninteresting. I think you are picking subjects that are interesting enough, but it seems like you need to take 5 or 10 more minutes of just thinking and looking around with what you have at your disposal before you open the shutter.

ok so how could i make what i took more creative?

I think your composition needs some work, do you know what the rule of thirds is? You can either look it up online or get learning to see creatively by Bryan Peterson (I thought it was a great book, I recommend you do this)

Also before you post images on here try and C&C them yourself (someone made a thread about this a few days ago but I couldn't find a link) before you post them here. If you are happy with them and want further comments then post them here.

of course i know what rule of thirds is just the other day someone on here said you have the rule of thirds down so if you see the need to break you can do so i thin kit was AUS-10?

Sounds like you have a creative mind and point of view. Keep shooting!

I was going to respond but everyone else pretty much answered your question as I would have.

To make things more creative, use drastic lighting, strange angles (not to be confused with tilted framing). Also, see if you can put something into the foreground that may also help frame the photo. Use lines to lead the eye as desired if there are lines available. Always take a critical look at the background before you expose and ask yourself... is this background complimentary of my subject or is it just distracting? Do you want it identifiable or not? Adjust your DOF and check it with your DOF preview button, if you're camera has one. If not, take a test shot.

As recommended above, Learning to See Creatively is a great book to learn about these things.

Having said that, I do think you've improved from your previous C&C submissions. I look foward to see what you post next.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back