some infredreds, you like?

Awesome pics Jesse!!

Now refresh me on which cameras can even use the IR film. I know that my Nikon N70 can't take it but I'm not sure which ones can.

As long as your camera doesn't have one of those IR film advancers/counters you should be in good shape. And it's a matter of debate whether those will do more than fog along the sprockets, but I've yet to see anyone risk a roll testing that theory. ;) Maybe Matt Needham has.

I use my older cams....Pentax ME, and want to try my Zeiss Contaflex next. :)

I appreciate the comment all, Hobbes I use solid metal old canon A1 for infrared, I havent used any other bodies for IR but I would say try it and see, I read somwhere that the counter only fogs the edge of the sprocket holes. or else look on ebay for an old camera.

DIRT said:
I read somwhere that the counter only fogs the edge of the sprocket holes.

In the examples I have seen the fogging occurs mostly in the sprocket hole area on one side of the film. It extends maybe 1 mm or so into the actual image area of the neg, so it's easily cropped out.

Matt, you're a spooky guy. Did you hear your name mentioned in this thread and thought you'd check it out? ;)

terri said:
Oh, go on and load up that Rollei of yours.....quit being coy.....you KNOW you wanna..... :mrgreen:

I know i wanna! Problem is i cant meter through the lens on my Roleicord.

Whats the adjustment to make for using a hand held light meter?

Don't know how to word it but...... what adjustments do i make to the f-stop/shutter speed for a hoya 25a (or equivalant for the rollei which is on order!!!)

Goddam my newbieness. Can someone else supply the correct terminology for making this adjustment???!!!

binglemybongle said:
I know i wanna! Problem is i cant meter through the lens on my Roleicord.

Whats the adjustment to make for using a hand held light meter?

Don't know how to word it but...... what adjustments do i make to the f-stop/shutter speed for a hoya 25a (or equivalant for the rollei which is on order!!!)

Goddam my newbieness. Can someone else supply the correct terminology for making this adjustment???!!!
Ah, your newbieness is fine. ;) No worries, matey, I am a fumbling newbie too, in the grand scheme of things. Maybe once I've been at this for 10 years or so I'll feel like I have a grip. :razz:

My husband has shot the Maco IR through his Rollei and he's getting beautiful negatives. I'll check with him again on how he metered it handheld, with the #25 red then held over the lens. But this will be for the Maco film, there is no HIE in 120 format. :)

terri said:
But this will be for the Maco film, there is no HIE in 120 format. :)

True but ive been thinking of using Ilford sfx200.

I know its not quite as sensitive but hey...........

Will have to find the best ISO to shoot but ill start with the (what seems to be) standard 360 and work from there.

By the way, can you get hoya filters to fit the rollei bayonet 1 fitting?

Ive been shown a site that sells the bay 1 filters and they "look" similar but starting with a Hoya 25a would be good.

binglemybongle said:
True but ive been thinking of using Ilford sfx200.

I know its not quite as sensitive but hey...........

Will have to find the best ISO to shoot but ill start with the (what seems to be) standard 360 and work from there.

By the way, can you get hoya filters to fit the rollei bayonet 1 fitting?

Ive been shown a site that sells the bay 1 filters and they "look" similar but starting with a Hoya 25a would be good.
I'm pretty sure you can. Hey, I love the Ilford, it's much easier to use and you get a nice IR look. :thumbup:

This is great. It's like a really slow conversation!

Do you mean that you can shoot at ISO 360 for Ilford as well??? Or about the hoya filter??? Or Both???!!!

binglemybongle said:
This is great. It's like a really slow conversation!

Do you mean that you can shoot at ISO 360 for Ilford as well??? Or about the hoya filter??? Or Both???!!!
That, I do not know. Using 35mm, I just rated the Ilford 200 and metered TTL, with very good results. You might google the stuff, or check the Ilford site's recommendations for the 120.

Read as much as you can, then test a few rolls, while keeping an exposure log. You'll learn much quicker that way. ;)

DIRT said:
aaaahhh dont get out of line terri... there is some secret kodak IR 120 size check this out, it is 70mm aerial IR film that has been cut down and spooled 120 size.

http://www.davidromano.com/Film.html

who's Your daddy?
It's been D/C by Kodak, so Romano can't do it anymore. He's filling his final orders for the stuff. Brad got 6 rolls. :razz:

Who's YOUR daddy now??? :lol:

Most reactions

Back