Some of my photos.

Pigeonfeet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Yes here are my photos I have taken..lol its hard to get these critters to stay still.

I love this picture.
Picture368-5.jpg

Shiney.
Picture366-3.jpg

Windspirit.
Picture367-3.jpg

Moccasin.
Picture372-2.jpg

Meadow.
Picture381-6.jpg

Windigo.
Picture374-2.jpg

Shiney again.
CopyofCopyofPicture403-1.jpg

Last pic Windspirit again.
Copy2ofCopyofCopyofPicture388.jpg

Thanks for looking, ill try to get some more scene pics. :D

Heya Christina, welcome to ThePhotoForum!

You've got some wonderful pets here, the photo of Meadow among the leaves could almost be an Easter Greeting card, if it weren't for the autumn leaves ... by hey, why not STILL become an Easter Greeting card, eh? ;)

And your pigeons are so tame they pose for you?
Lucky you.
I have tried to photograph birds (every now and again, not too seriously pursuing the attempts) for years with little to no luck (other than our Canadian - and one Dutch! - bird photography experts here on the forum!) - and you have birds that will just POSE for you, you lucky girl.

Shiney is a bit shiny in both his pics... for him you must possibly underexpose quite deliberately to bring out all the detail of his feathers.
And Windigo is not quite so in focus as he should be: I find it important that the eyes are absolutely in focus.

But they move! I see where it is difficult to get the focus right!

Nice introductory pics.
Post more.

Thanks,

My flash always comes out when its more dark, when I turn off the flash my photos become more blurry if somthing is moving so I always try to take shots outside.

Im going to be getting a good camera for christmas that I can't wait for. :wink:

Yes Shiney was too bright, ill try to work with my little camera and see what I can do lol I just relized like a 4 weeks ago I could focus my photos in ever since I have been doing up close shots,wild birds can be hard to capture, I have a photo of a wild bird I caught a long time ago lol it looks like its playing dead ill show you all the photo.

And your pigeons are so tame they pose for you?

Yep there tame all except Moccasin she can get realy scared.

Yes crappy photos.:blushing:

There not the best because I was learning how to use my camerea lol as you can see I have gotten better and more clear, some of these birds where far away so it was hard to get my cam to focus.

Picture031.jpg

Picture367-2.jpg

Picture366-2.jpg

CopyofPicture190.jpg

Picture347-1.jpg

Wow. I have never seen a bird to PLAY dead!
But this last one here really does that!!!
It is NOT dead, you say? I pretends!?!?!?!?!?!

Errm, the last one is scary ... maybe belongs in the darkside gallery ....

It was flying around and I snuck up on it caught it then brought it in the house to show my mom lol, I put it in the room to take a shot but then it just stood still in that position very weird.

Catching wild birds? That's some catlike reflexes. If I caught one, it'd have to be cuz it was sick or dying...erm, I hope you washed your hands judging from that pic. OR maybe they play dead, or most likely you put it in shock. What happened when you let it go free after?

Anyways, I love the first round of pics, very pretty birdies you got. Great opportunities, having them as pets.

Yep I actualy catch wild birds (always set them free after) I have been doing this ever since I was small.

Takes a hole lot of skill trust me :) Here is a list of birds I have caught so far bare hand.

Cardinal.

Bluejay.

House sparrow. (Lots of these little birds lol)

Savanah sparrow.

Red wing black bird.

Seagull.

Pigeons.

American goldfinch.

Grackle.

Morning dove (These birds are very so it takes alot of time).

Robin.

Starlings

Swallow.

Baby Canadian goose (Helped it along with its hole family get across the road and all the way to the lake).

And a hole different bunch of song birds that I can't remember there breed by.

I have some photos of the baby birds I have raised but the pictures are bad quality so I dont know if any of you want to see them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back