Some Pictures of my Car.....

WarpFactorVIII

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I went out a took a few pictures of my car the other day after putting the wing back on a figured I would post up to see what you guys thought of them...C&C Welcome.......Pictures were taken with Canon XT and 18-55 lens around 7ish at night....

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2608-1.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

I haven't done much car stuff, but hope to get into it more.

First point. Angles. You need to use them wisely on vehicles (and any photography)

#3 is blurry, and the angle is poor.

#2 I think you could have use more angle to your advantage.

You have a white car, pick backgrounds that suit your car. I think a lot more colourful backgrounds with dark pavement with greens or blues would have helped a lot. You want contrast. The car will stand out then. Find a shoreline, grass or some sort of field, an old street with trees overlapping it, etc. Crank the saturation.

Don't be afraid to get in close with angles. Use your widest angle and get some funky fender shots, wheels, lights, exhaust and rear tire treads. Turn the wheels of your car. The 1st shot for example could benefit from turned wheels. Show off the Brembo brakes, etc.

Finally, pick a better day for light. Over hanging trees, light overcast, building reflections, all these help make the car look more shiney than it maybe is.

Hopefully that helps.

I actually think these are pretty good considering how hard it is to shoot pictures of a white car. I agree though about the weird angles and a background with brighter colors would help not having them all appear dark. You've even lost detail in the wheels and brakes due to the darker exposure for the white car which might be due to the lighting conditions you were in.

For some reason your front fender (passenger) look a different shade of white in pics 2 and 3. I don't notice it in pic 1 though.

Nice ride. Always liked the Evos. #1 is the best of the bunch IMO. Really like that back drop. Just need to watch for reflections like the ones in the windows and a CPOL filter would cut down on that glare from the windshield.

Most reactions

Back