Some Recent pix

lmartinez614

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well i just got my new nikon and i went out with my GF and some friends to take pictures of our cars. I just got my first slr like half a week ago so go easy on me.

1-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

Welcome to the forum. I really like the second one. You will get more responses if you limit your photos to 2-3. It would also help to number them.

The main thing is to keep shooting, and enjoy your new camera!

-Andy

The shopping cart in the one with the s2000 is kind of distracting. Pretty cool though, nice cars!

The shopping cart in the one with the s2000 is kind of distracting. Pretty cool though, nice cars!

lol. that one doesnt count. She was just leaning there and i decided to zoom into her and snap a quick pic. I was shooting the SRT-4 at the time.

But thanks anyways. For future refference i will move things like that out of the way if im taking a pic

Welcome to the forum. I really like the second one. You will get more responses if you limit your photos to 2-3. It would also help to number them.

The main thing is to keep shooting, and enjoy your new camera!

-Andy

gotcha! i just got a little post happy when i saw them. lol. And thanks, i am so far just hoping that with time things will come more natural

^ Nice lotus. I was thinking of something like that but didnt like the fact that it was to plain in the interior. Lighter but not my style. Love it tho.

the interior isn't that plain at all...its aluminum and leather.. the seats are amazing just the dash sucks. But I like that its a little simple makes it seem more like a raw sports car :D

Great pictures - looks like a great camera. Particularly like the bottom photo - colors come out great.

Andy

Great pictures - looks like a great camera. Particularly like the bottom photo - colors come out great.

Andy

thank you. Yeah i loved shooting the Blue SI. I knew his color would just pop off the picture.

The camera im using is a Nikon D80. I was using a Sigma 70-300mm lense for most of them and occasionally used a Nikkor 60mm.

Welcome to the forum!

....so go easy on me....

Do you want constructive critism or a pat on the back? We dont normally improve with ego stroking. People here, the ones that take the time to really look at your pictures, are honest in what they say, no harm intended.

As stated, post 3-4 images, put spaces between each to make viewing easier, and add numbers so people can refer to them quickly.

I find overall, alot of the pictures are dark / under exposed, to the point where I don't see any detail in the tire area

You need to work on those backgrounds. Some are ok, but most need work. Some of the pics have a loading dock in the back which I dont find adds to the image and actually takes away from the car (pics 1,3,4).

The second pic has a tree line on top that also doesnt add much to the image. I like the use of the wall in the photo to create a line, but I'd probably like to see you get closer to the first car and end the line in the image with the last car, removing some dead space.

Shopping cart definatly has to go. But also, look in the back and you see another car, which removes again the impact and interest in the car / woman you are taking pictures of. Also, I'd like to see you get in closer and fill the frame with that red car / woman. If you were just quickly snapping, well, thats what it came out as, a quick snapshot, not a photograph.

There is one with a blue car's back where there is a yellow pole on the left...again, watch those backgrounds and subject placements

The front/back of the blue car is tilted to one side, check your horizon

The last one is probably my fave of the set. Its not as dark as the others, the composition and angle work. The issue I have with this one is whatever that is in the upper right hand corner. Would of been sweet with just the white band in the back.

Keep up the practice!!

Someone taking car pics at sunset yay :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back