Something a little different

Shark, I too am very sorry to hear about your loss. :hug: I had actually been wondering about your wife, because I still remember that lovely photo you took of her and her tummy. Good luck with your further trying. :)

And congrats voodoo! Looking good! Well as far as I can tell... those things are hard to read... :) My brother sent me a couple a month or two ago and his looked like an alien. It was freaky! :D

voodoocat said:
Metimbo said:
They seem a little dark...LOL
Just kidding...Gratz!!! Keep us posted!
~Tim
:lmao: when my wife showed me i said "those sure have a lot of grain... maybe next time they can use a finer grained film"

Oh dear... I probably would have smacked you had I been your wife.... However, said like a true photography nerd.

voodoocat said:
Metimbo said:
They seem a little dark...LOL
Just kidding...Gratz!!! Keep us posted!
~Tim
:lmao: when my wife showed me i said "those sure have a lot of grain... maybe next time they can use a finer grained film"

That is CLASSIC!!!!!!! :lol: I'd probably say the same damn thing. hehehehe (Luckily my wife is slowly but surely getting hooked on photography too, so she'd probably just agree with me.)

(BTW, thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. It really does mean a lot to me, I just didn't want to say much because I don't want to hijack voodoo's thread. I'm so happy for ya, man!!! :D :thumbsup: )

Voodoo, thanks for sharing. They really scanned quite well.

Shark, sorry for your loss. My fingers are crossed for you.

My sister is pregnant (due in October). She waited to tell people (well, not that long) because she had a miscarriage last year.

Mindy, did I read between the lines correctly? Are you gonna be an aunt?

WOW congratulations are in order if not for upcoming additions to families, then prospective additions in the future. Hey Shark, Practice makes perfect buddy :lol: and Voo, I think those are some of the best pics ive seen posted :thumbsup: :heart:

voodoocat said:
I didn't take this, but felt like sharing :D

edited to add: This is at 13 weeks.

usound323.jpg

First image, top left, Rubber Ducky!!!!!! :0)

I havent read all the replies, so if someone else commented on this, sorry. :0).

Medical photography is a sort that we rarely talk about, but it is some of the most fascinating of all. This thread has me wanting to make a copy neg of the sonograms (spelling?) of my daughter and make big prints of them.

Just dragging this back up top to congratulate voods again, see how everyone is doing, and share a quick story of my own...

Got an email from Kel this afternoon while I was at school. She'd started spotting. :pale: Of course we were freaked out, so called the OB, etc. OB had blood work done, and all hormone levels look normal. Also ordered up an ultrasound, and we were just terrified going into that, of course. Too many bad memories of December and not being able to find the heartbeat at 8 wks.

Well, we're not out of the woods yet, and aren't really breathing a full sigh of relief for another few weeks, but the radiologist and OB both said that from this ultrasound, everything looks simply perfect!! :goodvibe: :goodvibe: :goodvibe: :goodvibe: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: The little curtain-climber was thumping right along at 132 beats per minute. :D :D

So congrats to voods again, and keep your fingers crossed and some good prayers and thoughts going for us...

Ultrasound-(w_labels)-6wk1d.jpg

Congrats Voodoo and Shark!!!
Nobody knows exactly how you feel when miscarriages and such happen, because everyone handles these things differently.

My wife had a tubal pregnancy, and then a few months later became pregnant with our oldest son. I still have trouble explaining my feelings about that 1st child, and I still wonder about what he/she would be like, etc.

But, having kids is still the greatest thing that can happen to a couple!
Just don't forget to still make each other feel important beyond the kids, and schedule time together without the kids as regularly as possible, once the kids are old enough to be left with someone.

OK, enough rambling. I'll close with CONGRATS, GUYS!!!

Voodoo...congrats!! When are the diaper pics coming in?? :)

Where is the baby's leg or head in the image? I'm sorry, but I have been trying hard to figure that out!! :?

Shark, everything works out for the best at the perfect preset time! Every little thing in our lives happen for particular reason which we may or may not know. Its going to be perfectly smooth this time. My irregular :) prayers will be there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back