Something Different...Thoughts?

MGriff240

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been shooting drifting events now for a few months and LOVE it, but I'm always looking for new ways to make the photos different. A photog buddy of mine (who also shoots drifting) showed me this tight aspect cropping technique, and I kinda like it...

Your thoughts?

4758641328_1b438a1c79.jpg

4758641050_43194b0f78.jpg

4758640456_150d112050.jpg

4758000723_e07b5908ed.jpg

It looks too tight at the tops of the frames, and the cars are "crashing into" the right hand side of the frames. A little more room for them to drift into on the right hand side would add impact. Your shutter speed looks absolutely perfect for blurring the wheels and backgrounds. You are also set up in the right place in relation to the sun and the cars.

^^^So maybe a bit wider of a crop would help leave room for motion?

not sure if i like it .. kinda looks like a sig. for a forum

my buddy drifts.. I like the tight crop but may be a bit too tight.. as Derrel said, "you have the right shutter speed"

try finding a good shot that will get the car from the back but drifting out to play on the pointed the opposite direction of motion orientation.. just a thought.

looks sick bro, what kind of settings do you use to take pics like that?

looks sick bro, what kind of settings do you use to take pics like that?

Shutter: Usually 1/125.
Aperture: f/8-11.
ISO: 100.

Just mess around with it and get your panning on point and it's easy from there. :mrgreen:

they do seem a bit tight. give the car a little breathing room. don't crop as tight. i like idea of capturing cars in action, especially drifting. very cool!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back