Sony A77

I received the A100 as HS graduation gift in 2006. Keeping with the "tradition" (?) I just placed my order for the A77 on Tuesday as college grad gift for myself.

I am extremely excited to give it a whirl!

You will be happy.

I thought about getting one of those but opted for the sigma 17-50 f2.8. The IQ was better and it cost $130 less.

Thanks, following your suggestion I looked into the Sigma and just ordered one. Should be here next week.

I got mine in January. It was my first DSLR from a film Minolta. I do alot of still life shots to be converted to black and white and it is an awesome camera. The problem I have is my Minolta lenses (all low end) severly hold the camera back. I just ordered a Carl Zeiss 16-80mm for it. I can't wait.

independentDEM said:
You really can't go wrong with most Sony products

Not sure if serious...

a77 is a fine camera. You'll have lots of fun with it. Make sure you get some serious glass to go with it though.

You are going to see the skeptics in the forums. If you want to see someone who is absolutely over the moon with Sony check out Gary Fong's blog. He's been raving about it for a few months now.

You are going to see the skeptics in the forums. If you want to see someone who is absolutely over the moon with Sony check out Gary Fong's blog. He's been raving about it for a few months now.

A friend of mine got one after they came out and his results are really nice. Just as good as with his a900. He got the 16-50mm they came out with for it and says that its a really solid lenses too.

I picked one up and played with it at the Sony store, it's too weird for me. Electronic view finder looks like a spaceship navigation panel.

You can turn ON or OFF a variety of info. in the electronic view finder. The level is ideal for those who often end up with slightly tilted horizons and there are so many options and possible adjustments that it is useful to check your choices and adjustments.

skieur

Looks like a great camera to me... I'm not switching, but it does look to be a great camera with lots of bells and whistles...

I love mine.

View attachment 33491View attachment 33492 $DSC05192aaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbn.jpgView attachment 33494View attachment 33495View attachment 33496View attachment 33497View attachment 33498$mjhghopmj (1 of 1)v.jpg

Most reactions

Back