Sony Alpha/Maxxum 7D

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by surfingfireman, Jan 16, 2007.

1. surfingfireman

surfingfireman TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Not sure if there are many Minoltans out there still, but I was wondering if anyone knows or has heard reports on the actual improvements in the Sony A100 when compared to the Maxxum 7D. Is the newer camera THAT much better? When looking at the specs, it seems like the Sony is more consumer orientated (with the functions and such) while the 7D seems more pro/prosumer.

Obviously the higher MP in the Sony is attractive, but MP's are everything. The anti-dust function is pretty cool too. Maybe the rest is pretty much the same.

Who's the expert out there.

Thanks,

Mike

2. Don Simon

Don Simon TPF Noob!

The 7d offers better build and more dedicated controls on the body instead of using menus. A100 is probably faster in startup and operation and has 10mp. The 7d goes up to ISO 3200, the A100 only to 1600.

3. Boltthrower

Boltthrower TPF Noob!

I'm goin back to Cali Cali I'm goin back to Cali
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The 7D also has the option for a Vertical Grip where the alpha does not have the option

My boss just got an alpha and when compared to my 7D it seemed like a toy.

However I do have to say that Sony did give it some cool options though. like a black and white mode a couple of other options such as a sport mode portrait mode ect....