Soon a certain function on your camera will be obselete.

lol, cali's economy is on the verge of bankrupcy. if the feds hadn't bailed you out not to long ago you'd already be done.

Oh please .... you jealous little lesser states can just keep dreaming of our demise ... California's gross state product is $1.55 trillion (that's with a 'T'.) Once again we are the fifth largest economy on the world ... we might start printing our own money because history has shown that the California economy is more more stable than the remaining states ... with little pictures of Arnold all over it ... flexing ... lol

Gary

dont confuse the california federal economy with the economies of the super rich that live here.

The super riches tax payments are what keep the state up and running.

maybe you guys could put part of that trillion dollars into make some more jails, so you aren't forced to free convicts due to overcrowding.

maybe you guys could put part of that trillion dollars into make some more jails, so you aren't forced to free convicts due to overcrowding.

I am not going to argue local politics with a person that is 3,000 miles away for no rational reason or purpose other than to argue.

Goodnight.
Gary

Our county offices have started to make the switch. It is super efficient. I think the question is how light and it's colour temp effects us. Personally those god forsaken overhead flourescents in our building are the pits. Thankfully we keep them off during daylight hours. Tungsten light is pleasing in its warmth. I will keep it in my house forever. Stage lights are tungsten and I do not see that conversion happening any time soon.

All said and done tungsten is a major player in photographic lighting. I doubt that tungsten wb will be phased out in our lifetime.

Love & bass

Over my dead body. Working under fluorescent light is horrible. Then there's the added hidden costs. Yes they use less power but fluorescent lights (the ones they are touting as the replacement) have mercury in them, and cost much more to produce. Not to mention the ugly light they produce makes it hard to match colours.

I was always partial to the soft light of a kerosene lamp. Then that Edison fellow invented that darned newfangled carbon filament bulb!

seriously, if Cali doesnt want to play by the rules, I dont want my tax money funding their crap, especially the schools where the kids learn to grow up as hippies.

Man someone takes light bulbs a LITTLE too seriously.

Is there really any reason to not support energy saving ideas? Seems to me it's common sense to cut corners where they can be cut.

My wife's company recently did a fairly detailed comparison of efficiency of CFL's vs Incandecent lamps taking into account production cost, disposal mercury output of coal-fired plants vs mercury in CFL's and found that CFL's really are more efficient and have a smaller environmental footprint. That said, if they ban the incandecents, I'll stock up on cases before they do for one very, very simple reason...
Dimmers. You can't dim the things. Of course they'll also have to deal with the fact that I have lamps with at least 3 different base sizes in my home. (Also, my sweet lava lamp wouldn't work with a CFL in it, even if it did fit.)

I also reserve the right to punch in the face anyone who drives a vehicle that gets less than 20MPG who tries to tell me what light bulbs I should be using.

Man someone takes light bulbs a LITTLE too seriously.

Is there really any reason to not support energy saving ideas? Seems to me it's common sense to cut corners where they can be cut.

hehe, it doesn't have to do with lightbulbs, just that cali acts like a seperate country. San Fransico doesn't want to play by the rules of the nation, so I dont think they should get federal funding, as simple as that.

And it isn't local politics when I have federal taxes taken out of my paycheck to fund a rouge state like california. but alas, this isn't a political forum so I wont say any more on the topic.

Ive tried to bite my tounge politically, but seriously, California enacting it's own laws is REFRESHING, not un patriotic as you portray it. New York does the same thing, with their crazy laws, but no one says a word... California bans lightbulbs and people are up in arms.

Personally I live in Florida, and with Bush in office (Jeb) the last 8 years we've been a stagnant state.... so we dont get the radical changes in our laws, but I welcome a Government that is trying to actively HELP it's people.... get rid of the lightbulb! Then I can finally convince my wife to get some Compact Florescents....

(my spelling sucks today. You'll get over it.)

:)

Ive tried to bite my tounge politically, but seriously, California enacting it's own laws is REFRESHING, not un patriotic as you portray it. New York does the same thing, with their crazy laws, but no one says a word... California bans lightbulbs and people are up in arms.

Personally I live in Florida, and with Bush in office (Jeb) the last 8 years we've been a stagnant state.... so we dont get the radical changes in our laws, but I welcome a Government that is trying to actively HELP it's people.... get rid of the lightbulb! Then I can finally convince my wife to get some Compact Florescents....

(my spelling sucks today. You'll get over it.)

:)

ok so I lied, I'm not done.

I am all for enacting laws to help change the state of things, what I dont like is when states blatantly disregard federal law, and I am paying for it. The reason we pay federal taxes is because we can change things on a federal level through our local government, particularly senators and house leaders. So when the Federal government enacts a law, if you dont like it you lobby to change it. California on the other hand just ignores it.

Now I promise, I wont be back here.

hmmm.... I hear that it's ACUTALLY part of Mexico.

Pete

Pete-

There is a large Latino minority ... but that doesn't make the state more Mexican than American. For example I am Latino, and fifth generation Californian ... my kids are sixth generation. I, my two brothers and my parents all graduated from the same high school, which in California is a novelty.

This state has always had a large population of Latinos, hell at one time it was the majority ... which makes sense since at one time it was Mexico.

If you are making reference to the marches of late, well ... we do have a rather large and seemingly vocal illegal immigrant population demanding the same rights as citizens. It is a very tough issue between rule by law vs. caring for people that are struggling. It is a very gray area where nobody is right and nobody is wrong.

The bottom line for me is The Law is The Law and the illegals have broken our law(s). Until these laws are changed I feel that they shouldn't receive tax derived benefits apart from basic and immediate humanitarian services then a bus trip home. Mexico is similar in size to the Continental United States and is equally rich with natural resources as the US. We, the US, have been a safety valve for Mexico to run its economy for the few, allowing workers that probably would have revolted by now, a place to escape and earn money. So between the safety valve and the constant flow of USD across the border, Mexico likes the status quo ... perhaps by sealing the borders Mexico will be forced to emend its economic policies and share its wealth the many instead of the few. As Mexico is a sovereign state it's hard to predict what action they will take. As I said before, it's a tough call.

Gary

PS- I wasn't sure if you're joking or not ... so I tried to answer it factually unlike many whose opinion is based on ignorance.

Most reactions

Back