Southern Belle

Love the Portman portrait too...the shadows on the left side of her face are gorgeous, and I really like how you 'painted' her hair and eyes.

Thank you Anty :)

I'd like to see Anete Funichello but good reference pics of her are hard to find, or maybe Bettie Page.

as far as more reasent people I am horrible at remembering names

I can't say i have heard of Annete Funichello. I will have a google and see what i can find

She was an original Mouseketeer and in the teen surf movies in the late 50s and 60s with Frankie Avalon as her love interest. I remember her well. WOWZA, what a sweetie!

She was in the Shaggy Dog, How to stuff a wild bikini, Muscle beach party etc.

A real SWEETIE. Did I mention that already?

Bill

Here is a Bettie Page for you battou.

tough to find a decent reference of her too. Not even sure if it looks like her

bettiepagesmall.jpg

still struggling with hair

Gorgeous - not as refined as your previous ones but gorgeous none the less, I love it.

Some good pictures of older women do seem to be difficult to find I know, thus is more than enough reason to wish to see more art produced based on the subject IMHO.

Truth is I made a similar request to another artist for Annette Funichello as well based on his rendering of Bettie Page and he too is having trouble finding something to work with on her.

Afore mentioned image

it does have that less polished look than the others. there are a couple of areas i could do with revisiting and tidying up.

It's a shame there are no good quality pictures floating about on the internet of the older screen icons. It surprised me how little there was.

that other artist managed to capture betties likeness quite well

john these are great. is that digital painting? Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your talent.

thabnks, yes, they are done with Corel Painter software and a wacom

Hello John,

Yes i meant smudging the pixels...I like to do that...i have done a few people ones but i am more of a flower painter...Will see if i have one to post!

Thank you for your work flow...its always interesting to know how others do!

I think you have a real talent here and your last one is beautifully done too....

Patricia..........:D

Nice work. I use painter sometimes, it's a complicated program to master, but it looks like you're doing a good job of it. I love that Bettie Page. You're making me want to put down my camera and paint again..

Nice work. I use painter sometimes, it's a complicated program to master, but it looks like you're doing a good job of it. I love that Bettie Page. You're making me want to put down my camera and paint again..

yes, it's very enjoyable to do and difficult to stop once you start :D

Most reactions

Back