Spot Metering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a noob or you are too lazy to google it? Seriously... this topic has been brought up a million times!
Im sorry. Did this post waste 5 seconds of your life? Im sorry for ruining your day.

You just earned your first-ever TPF "Like" with this reply!!! I had to Like your spirited reply PhotoFrenzie!

OK sparky.. keep up the good work. Keep replying to all of those basic questions such as: what is aperture priority, speed priority, spot metering to all the people who is too lazy google it or read the manual.

Seriously--have you NOT noticed that this is what 75% of this forum is actually ABOUT????

True.. ill ignore it next time.. someone will chime in anyway.

OK sparky.. keep up the good work. Keep replying to all of those basic questions such as: what is aperture priority, speed priority, spot metering to all the people who is too lazy google it or read the manual.

Seriously--have you NOT noticed that this is what 75% of this forum is actually ABOUT????

Spot metering is like regular metering, but only on a small spot.

edit
Have you read the manual for your camera? They actually do a pretty decent job of explaining what the different metering modes do...

Are you a noob or you are too lazy to google it? Seriously... this topic has been brought up a million times!
Im sorry. Did this post waste 5 seconds of your life? Im sorry for ruining your day.

And you're expecting to get help with this attitude? Nobody here gets paid for helping others. Respect people's time and knowledge!

Last edited:
I applaud a lot of you guys/gals for your positive attitudes towards all the n00bs that come here looking for a quick lesson. *claps*

I've been here for about 8-9 months (joining a few months later) and have never felt the need to create a single thread! Everything that I've thought about asking has been covered on this board... EVERYTHING! When I thought about buying a D7K, I read up on it here; wanted to learn about lenses, found the info here; wanted a new bag, found it here too and all the little things like books, memory cards and even software!

The only positive thing I can find in all the n00b threads is that it serves as reinforcement. I find myself being able to answer a lot of the questions being asked here because I've read similar threads over and over and over.

*Returns to search field*

I applaud a lot of you guys/gals for your positive attitudes towards all the n00bs that come here looking for a quick lesson. *claps*

I've been here for about 8-9 months (joining a few months later) and have never felt the need to create a single thread! Everything that I've thought about asking has been covered on this board... EVERYTHING! When I thought about buying a D7K, I read up on it here; wanted to learn about lenses, found the info here; wanted a new bag, found it here too and all the little things like books, memory cards and even software!

The only positive thing I can find in all the n00b threads is that it serves as reinforcement. I find myself being able to answer a lot of the questions being asked here because I've read similar threads over and over and over.

So you don't contribute, in other words? just kind of leech knowledge off of the suffering of all the n00bs who do post? Admirable! :)

Are you related to Overread (a mod here)? Your avatars are very similar. :lol:

Why does my shutter button feel like it has two clicks? lol

Use spot metering to your advantage by matching the dynamic range of a scene to Ansel Adam zone system.

So you don't contribute, in other words? just kind of leech knowledge off of the suffering of all the n00bs who do post? Admirable! :)
Uh... thanks? The reason I don't contribute is because I'm still learning myself and spend most of my time searching old threads on here. With that said, if you really want me to contribute then I guess I can bump old threads all day...

Bottom line, I don't spoon feed lazy individuals. If you want to learn, put the effort in and THEN ask questions.

Are you related to Overread (a mod here)? Your avatars are very similar. :lol:

Nah, he's a different breed. :lmao:

I guess I can bump old threads all day...
Then you'll get **** for reviving dead threads. Then again, if you started a new thread for a topic that's been covered, you'll get **** for not using the search function.

Might be better to just not post, like you've been doing.

Noob questions are like a box of chocolate, you never know what you gonna get.

Whether you like dark chocolate or not, you will find them in the box. You can keep trying to taste the dark chocolate and said "Man! that's too bitter" (as if you believe one day, you will find one that taste different) or you can just pick the other one you like and eat them.

After all ...... it's Valentine's day! Happy Valentine's day!

*rolls eyes* guys you know better than to harass other members for asking questions. Doesn't matter how advanced or basic the question the forums have specific sections made to ask these questions. Let those who wish to ask ask and those who wish to answer answer. Others may use search and some might simply lurk (although knowing Labradors/retrievers I'm betting its more cause they can't get their mouths out of the cupboard than proper lurking ;)).

Asides which many forget that Google does not perform any peer reviews on the answers it posts - this makes it impossible for new people to sort the Cambridge in Colour from the Ken Rockwells of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back