St. Patty's Day shots (C&C please)

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took the camera out with some friends this past weekend and had a bit of fun with it. I think they came out well, maybe some white balance and exposure issues though. They were all shot with D3000 and 35mm f/1.8

4436796629_8a1be0ac21_o.jpg

4436765733_ac8e82a9cc_o.jpg

3. (Not happy with the shadow in this one, but had to jump in-between games to shoot this.)
4436764759_b00ca2326d_o.jpg

4. (I really like the shadowing/lighting on his face in this one)
4437539376_08d3918dea_o.jpg

5. (I think I missed the POF on this one though and the sun is pretty harsh, but I like the shot)
4436761839_cf46f6e326_o.jpg

I know that I should only post a few to get C&C on, so these are my picks :). If you're interested in the rest of the days photos you can check them out here. (St. Patty's Parade 2010 - a set on Flickr)

Thanks for looking :p

Are you from the future?
Not wild about the goofy faces, but they are sharp and I like that jacket!

Yeah, that jacket is awesome haha. He found it in his father-in-laws closet. The goofy faces came with the alcohol consumption lol.

Not from the future, in NOLA, we've had parades for the past two weekends for St. Patty's day. Any reason to throw a party and we jump at the opportunity ;)

Not from the future, in NOLA, we've had parades for the past two weekends for St. Patty's day. Any reason to throw a party and we jump at the opportunity ;)

Your parades don't make it St. Patrick's day. It's not 'til tomorrow so shove off with calling it the actually celebration.

Your parades don't make it St. Patrick's day. It's not 'til tomorrow so shove off with calling it the actually celebration.

Wow. Ok, then.

I might be a noob, but how is this adding to the forum at all, with responses like this?

Wow. Ok, then.

I might be a noob, but how is this adding to the forum at all, with responses like this?

Because it's my holiday and if your defile it, I'll cut you.

Well, thanks for the contribution. Have a GREAT day tomorrow :p

Anyone else want to add something of value towards the pictures? lol.

I think they're a good start and will be something to look at in the future to remind you of your time with friends. As far as making these large prints to adorn your walls at home I'd have second thoughts. The backgrounds are cluttered, everything seems centered, the first is what my friends and I would call a "myspace picture", harsh shadows, and a few other things to work on.

Keep shooting though and continue to post, read, research, and practice some more.

I definitely agree with the harsh shadows. There wasn't much I could do b/c of the sun location. Most of these shots were taken between 12-3'ish. Thanks for your post and opinions :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day Village Idiot !

Most reactions

Back