sukhoon2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First post:
St. Philips Cathedral
Atlanta, GA

Canon SD200

1336453IMG0939a.jpg

imo you should play a bit with a white balance. It doesn't work for me here.

I agree with you in that the photo is too dark. However, while playing arund with it in Paintshop Pro, I didn't like how it looked when it was brightened up. For some reason I liked the purple/blue tones. Thanks for your comment

This photo seems to show the typical problems of photographing the inside of a church without enough light in the inside, other than what is coming in through the windows: those and their patches of bright light on the floor are all blown-out while the rest is now barely exposed. I do agree on the appealing blue, for I don't mind that, either, but I'm not happy about the blown-out windows.

but I'm not happy about the blown-out windows

Is there any way that I would be able to fix this problem? Thanks for your input.

I hope you don't mind my using your photo for demonstartion - if you do please let me know and I will immediately remove it from this post.

I did a very slap-it-out job with it. Your original, larger file will have more information and you will be able to match the colors/hues better.

First, I used the lasso tool (magnetic) to select the blownout areas.

Second, I opened a new adjustment layer for levels and slid the arrow on the left further to the right until it looked decent (this is your histogram - it would be wise to become familiar with it...).

Then I flattened the image.

You may need A version of Photoshop or similar software to do this. I'm not familiar with Paintshop Pro but it may have levels and masking controls as well.

Tuna

1336453IMG0939a1.jpg

I also prefer the first image better. The ones that Tuna posted with the stained glass windows distract me. I think as stated the first may be a bit dark, but I sort of enjoy the blue tone that it has. Sort of fits with the fact that there aren't any people in the shot...

i enjoy the first as well. nice work for complicated lighting.

Most reactions

Back