Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Canon 30D w/ 50mm f/1.8
Aperture: f/2.8
Shutterspeed: 1/800
ISO: 400
Flash: no

3429029785_0e13e01a5d.jpg

I like it too...an interesting perspective, the light on top of the leaves is nice, and the muted shades/grain work well with the subject matter

I very much like the hilights on the leaves. At this angle, it's almost abstract -- I know what I'm seeing, but it's more about the shapes and light than it is about the actual object.

At this size, I feel like the image is a bit dark (or maybe a better comment would be -- there's a lot of dark area at the bottom that doesn't seem to add anything). However, I suspect that at larger sizes, that part of the photo would show up much better and add a lot.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Anyone else?

Why post so small an image? I'm new here but am seeing this more than I would have expected. I would guess the forums would like to limit image size to about 800 px on the long side.....or is it less?

It is indeed 800 pixels.

I post small images because I don't like plastering a watermark all over mine. If I don't care about it, then I'll post a larger one, but believe it or not, I actually like this image, and it's staying the size it is.

It is indeed 800 pixels.

I post small images because I don't like plastering a watermark all over mine. If I don't care about it, then I'll post a larger one, but believe it or not, I actually like this image, and it's staying the size it is.
Why the hostile reply?

Photoshop measures you image canvas as 500px not 800, so your image is actually smaller still. I never suggested you post larger.

A right click on your little image and about 45 seconds total in Bridge, ACR, and Photoshop and I could have a perfectly acceptable 25x24 600 ppi file ready to upload to the lab of my choice. Heck, I wouldn't have to clone out a watermark either. Easy, peasy.

Any image online is vulnerable regardless the size or the watermark.

I like it. Nice composition, processing, depth of field, and so on. Shows a lot of thought and tells a little story to me. If that's the size you want to present it, I'm fine with that too. You're the one showing me- I'm not the boss of you, and if I were, I'd tell you to do your own thing because I'm deep into my 'me' time.

When I said 'it is indeed 800 pixels', I meant 'that is the acceptable size for TPF'.

Why the hostile reply?

Photoshop measures you image canvas as 500px not 800, so your image is actually smaller still. I never suggested you post larger.

A right click on your little image and about 45 seconds total in Bridge, ACR, and Photoshop and I could have a perfectly acceptable 25x24 600 ppi file ready to upload to the lab of my choice. Heck, I wouldn't have to clone out a watermark either. Easy, peasy.

Any image online is vulnerable regardless the size or the watermark.

I'm not too sure whether you'd actually be able to do that, as I have no experience in stealing images :er:. I'll take your word for it, though!

As to the hostility in my reply: I see none, and am sorry you thought I was being so. Aside from the fact that I don't like to make it easy to steal my photographs, I also post my photos smaller so that one does not have to scroll to see the whole thing.

I'm sorry that there was a misunderstanding and will look for you around in the forum.

I like it. Nice composition, processing, depth of field, and so on. Shows a lot of thought and tells a little story to me. If that's the size you want to present it, I'm fine with that too. You're the one showing me- I'm not the boss of you, and if I were, I'd tell you to do your own thing because I'm deep into my 'me' time.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! As for the 'me' time, I'm sure my family thinks I'm in it 24/7!

When I said 'it is indeed 800 pixels', I meant 'that is the acceptable size for TPF'.

I'm not too sure whether you'd actually be able to do that, as I have no experience in stealing images :er:. I'll take your word for it, though!

As to the hostility in my reply: I see none, and am sorry you thought I was being so. Aside from the fact that I don't like to make it easy to steal my photographs, I also post my photos smaller so that one does not have to scroll to see the whole thing.

I'm sorry that there was a misunderstanding and will look for you around in the forum.
Cool, we're good to go. I've never stolen any images either, but I sure know how its done so I'm fully informed on how best to protect mine.

Give it a try with one of your own. That's how I learned how to do it.

Most reactions

Back