Steps for major image correction?

Rainman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am not asking for detailed instructions on how to adjust an image, but I would appreciate some guidance on a good order in which to start performing tasks. If this sort of thing has been discussed before, please forgive me. I will do some searching later, but I only have a couple of minutes right now.

Here is the problem. I was shooting some pics of my daughter's graduation, changed from my old Minolta SRT 202 to a 101, plugging the flash into the same outlet. Turns out the flash plugs are REVERSED on the two nearly identical cameras so I had plugged into the B which, of course, totally screwed up the sync so I got underexposed and green available light pictures under fluorescent lights. There is enough detail to fool with some. I know the images will still be crap, but I would like to do what I can with them. I started fooling around with them but quickly realized that I don't have enough experience with such adjustments to know where to begin.

Should I lighten first then adjust contrast then color? That's all I am looking for, a preferable order, since I figure it probably works better to do certain things before others. Any guidance would be appreciated. Oh, right now I am using PhotoPlus 7.0 if that makes any difference. It may not have the power I need. I am planning to buy PS but first trying to learn the ropes better.
Thanks,
Raymond

Most reactions

Back