Storm Rolled Thru w/ Lightning

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A storm rolled throu about 1:00AM this morning. I was taking some moon shots at the time. Power went out for a couple of hours. Here's two, maybe more tomorrow and some associated questions.

_D306875.jpg

_D306927.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Very cool, kundalini. I think we had a storm roll through here about the same time last night. It thundered so loud without warning at one point that we about jumped out of our skin.

I'm more drawn to the first one. It is so much more sinister. Your horizon looks a bit slanted to me though. Maybe rotate to the right just a tad.

Great job though. I still don't understand how you guys time these shots.

Nice catch kundalini! I also like the first one best, because you captured some of the storm structure and i feel it gives the shot balance.

oh i really like the second one. very very much!

Very good. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks Ajay, BoblyBill, Lyncca, tedE, Fow Paw & MissMia for taking the time and commenting.

Here's a few more that I have processed. Bear in mind that I had some technical issues that I have asked for help here, like color banding and noise. There may be some doubling up of images, but for different reasons.

The shelf cloud (??) was very ominous looking in the flesh. The various colors that the sky went through was quite spiritual. The warm breeze to begin with in the far distance, intensifying to the storm that it became.

_D306837.jpg

_D306854.jpg

_D306857.jpg

_D306931.jpg

With the last shot, that was a sign to get my a$$ inside. You can't see the bolt because it's right over my friggin' head. You can see see the raindrops hitting the lens even though I was (trying) to hold an umbrella over the gear. That shot was taken at 1:20AM. Looks like daytime doesn't it?

Thanks for looking.

ooooooo ahhh, it does look like daytime! freaky! 0_0

Its crazy to think people can be hit by that stuff and still live.... sometimes.

Cool. I, too, really like the last shot.. atleast your gear survived to tell the tale, and, of course, yourself! lol

(Off Topic: MissMia, your Avatar reminds me a lot of someone i can't put my finger on.. a musician i think, can't decide who, Cat Power i'm thinking?!..)

Cool. I, too, really like the last shot.. atleast your gear survived to tell the tale, and, of course, yourself! lol

(Off Topic: MissMia, your Avatar reminds me a lot of someone i can't put my finger on.. a musician i think, can't decide who, Cat Power i'm thinking?!..)

Thanks! It's just one of my many attempts at a self portrait. Most of them don't turn out very well, but I kind of liked this one. BTW - I love her song "Willie".

Now back to Kundalini's lightning photos! :wink:

Yeah, when I started to do the Mary Poppins imitation, it was time to go.

Think Linda Ronstadt in the 1970's....the good years. :biggrin:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
nice group. I never have caught lightning. good job.

Thanks abraxas. This was my first go with it. We need the rain, I enjoy the spectacle, but wish for no harm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back